Got out a for a little bit for her maiden dig... 36" Sniper BGT

SunshineMiner

Jun 2, 2014
Someplace Sunny, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey guys! Finally threw down, bit the bullet, and drove my butt up to Placerville to pick up a 36" Sniper BGT! For those of you waiting, im soooo sorry(not really :P), because if you're located anywhere within an hour or 2 of Placerville... I HIGHLY suggest taking the drive to Placerville Hardware aka True Value Hardward. They not only sell THREE(3) different sizes of EACH model up to the prospector(as far as i know, didnt ask about miner), along with LOADS of other goodies. They even have HOG MATS! WOAH! Almost picked up a finisher mat to try it out.. but i had to calm myself down as i was there for 1 thing.. and one thing only... This little beauty.

20160412_165928.jpg 20160412_170005.jpg 20160412_170035.jpg 20160414_105217.jpg

Over all very pleased with the way it was working! Can't help but be a little hesitant at first.. but after i've seen everything you guys have posted, I felt pretty confident it was running the way it was supposed to. I WAS concerned with the possibility of blowing my gold out the back as i felt the outflow of the fluid bed was a lot, but considering the water running through it, i guess thats to be expected! Its pretty hard to just TRUST it and let the trap "fill up". I have to keep thinking back to the scenario standing where the Prof. is standing in front of his classroom with a mason jar. He proceeds to fill the mason jar up with golf balls, pepples, sand, and finally beer. The small pieces will fill in the cracks and fall to the bottom of the larger pepples. duuuh.
I wish I could have run it a little flatter, but the rocks would NOT was off the grizzlies that way despite a decent water flow. So I kept it at a decent angle(the grizzly was for the most part flat, if not slightly raised up) and it worked great.

Anyway, worked that hole for about 4 hours(got out late) before i had enough of the mosquitoes and fading light. Not too bad considering i was fiddling more with the sluice and focused on it instead of working :) For those of you who have snipers.. how long do you run them before cleaning? Say your shoveling a mixture of stream, bed rock, and bank material?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out a for a little bit for her maiden dig... 36" Sniper BGT

Run it until either your arms fall off or you get too curious about how you're doing. I Get curious after about an hour. It's so quick to clean out and get back to digging that I feel fine about pulling it to monitor my gold production.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You will get tired of digging long before you need to clean out. Also, id like to add that i laughed at the picture that has the zooka and the Lets DO This from the bucket in the background. Just makes me think the bazooka was telling you to shovel instead of take photos lol

OP
OP
S

SunshineMiner

Jun 2, 2014
Someplace Sunny, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hahaha.. good point Ducky.. I definitely should have been doing that! I was actually thinking of adding a Nike "swoosh" to the bucket for kind of the same reason. I'm an athlete as well, so it would serve dual purpose there ^_^

But Maybe i'll paint over the "DO" and put "DIG" :D

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congratulations on your new Bazooka and making the drive to pick it up. I picked my first one up from the factory which is actually very close to Placer Hardware. I see from your first pic you are going max pitch. I like to run mine a little flatter and as you say it cause some of the rocks to hang but I just scrape them off. I toss everything up on the plate including 10 lb cobbles and then just scrape everything of the end that doesn't get carried away.
Good luck. It looks like your doing great already.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great choice! Pace yourself, the whole world is yours to wash now!

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you have an issue with rocks hanging, just flip your shovel around and scoot them off with the handle to keep from bending over. Saves the back for an extra day of digging!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread