selff classifying sluice first voyage out

restless spirit

Mar 6, 2016
pa
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20160521_103538.jpg 20160521_103515.jpg getting ready to launch it in the waters and shovel some dirt .if it don't workout it was fun making it!!

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got any pics of it working in the water?

OP
OP
restless spirit

restless spirit

Mar 6, 2016
pa
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will tomorrow when I run both side by side

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1315767 View attachment 1315769 getting ready to launch it in the waters and shovel some dirt .if it don't workout it was fun making it!!

Looks Good :icon_thumleft:

Next time you may want to run the punch plate sideways from the way you have it now.
That way the holes will be staggered instead of in straight rows. Shouldn't be a problem since it's so long but in some cases fine material could "ride the rails" between the rows especially after small pebbles get stuck in the holes.

After zooming in on the photo it also appears that you may want to reverse the direction of your raised expanded metal. I know it's nit picking but when chasing fine gold every little bit helps.

Flow should be ----->
right.jpg

I once read a study that stated that the direction of raised expanded metal has no effect on gold recovery.
My experience has shown differently and I stand by my recommendation.

Looking forward to your results.
GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
restless spirit

restless spirit

Mar 6, 2016
pa
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20160521_202832.jpg test run trying different mats .and miners moss with and without expanded metal. evn ran it empty just to see water flow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread