Thoughts on the gold hog stream sluice

Dain8404

Jan 31, 2013
Colby, KS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Title says it all for the most part. Was thinking about getting one but looking for more input on it from people that own and/or have used one. I currently have the BGT mini and 30 prospector. I like the BGT but in some creeks and streams here in north central Kansas (I know there is next to nil amounts here) it is a struggle to use the BGT even on the best days. Also, I'd like something I could set up a bit easier to run as a recirc system in the garage along with the gold cube when I get bored. Any thoughts?

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For 1/8" gold and smaller the Gold Cube is the best all around recirc outfit I know of.
Can also be used as a high banker at the creek when the flow is too slow for a BGT.
There is also a trommel made for it so you don't have to pre classify.

If you want something to play with in the garage I would suggest a Blue Bowl or Miller table to run the super cons from the Cube or BGT.

Just my thoughts, as here in Indiana I'm pretty much in the same situation as you. Most of the gold bearing land here is fairly flat so finding enough flow for a BGT or stream sluice is not always possible.

Most of the time I dredge when there is enough water, if not I'm using the Cube as a high banker, otherwise it's the BGT when I can get enough flow.

With all that being said the GOLD HOG stream sluice with the two mats, Regular and Low flow, looks like a great sluice and I like the way the built on leg brackets can be adjusted not only for height but the angle of the legs as well. Haven't used one but it sure looks good. :icon_thumleft:

Go for the Gold
GG~

Last edited:

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its a darn good sluice no classifying will capture -150 to 200 mesh gold in the low flow matts built with very nice precision and qaulity

restless spirit

Mar 6, 2016
pa
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive got my hands on some hog matting I'm gonna try in my drop zone sluice as well

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very solid, well thought-out product with meticulous QA.

Pricey for what it is.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the Goldhog sluice , you are paying for the engineering of a well made product that works . Yes it may seem very simple , but that the beauty of engineering . That's what you get , a piece of effective equipment , that will last a long time .

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very solid, well thought-out product with meticulous QA.

Pricey for what it is.

I disagree with the pricey part. Add up the cost of a A-52, a stand, and two sets of gold hog mats and you'll see it's actually a little cheaper. Plus the mats are already put together, by someone who does it for a living.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I disagree with the pricey part. Add up the cost of a A-52, a stand, and two sets of gold hog mats and you'll see it's actually a little cheaper. Plus the mats are already put together, by someone who does it for a living.

^That^ plus the fact that goldhog mats are pretty much proven to be one of, if not the most, efficient mat configurations available today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread