Thoughts on the gold hog stream sluice
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By Goodyguy
  • 1 Post By vaquero44
  • 1 Post By restless spirit
  • 1 Post By utah mason
  • 2 Post By arizau

Thread: Thoughts on the gold hog stream sluice

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2013
    Colby, KS
    35 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Thoughts on the gold hog stream sluice

Title says it all for the most part. Was thinking about getting one but looking for more input on it from people that own and/or have used one. I currently have the BGT mini and 30 prospector. I like the BGT but in some creeks and streams here in north central Kansas (I know there is next to nil amounts here) it is a struggle to use the BGT even on the best days. Also, I'd like something I could set up a bit easier to run as a recirc system in the garage along with the gold cube when I get bored. Any thoughts?

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table, etc.
    5960 times
    For 1/8" gold and smaller the Gold Cube is the best all around recirc outfit I know of.
    Can also be used as a high banker at the creek when the flow is too slow for a BGT.
    There is also a trommel made for it so you don't have to pre classify.

If you want something to play with in the garage I would suggest a Blue Bowl or Miller table to run the super cons from the Cube or BGT.

Just my thoughts, as here in Indiana I'm pretty much in the same situation as you. Most of the gold bearing land here is fairly flat so finding enough flow for a BGT or stream sluice is not always possible.

Most of the time I dredge when there is enough water, if not I'm using the Cube as a high banker, otherwise it's the BGT when I can get enough flow.

With all that being said the GOLD HOG stream sluice with the two mats, Regular and Low flow, looks like a great sluice and I like the way the built on leg brackets can be adjusted not only for height but the angle of the legs as well. Haven't used one but it sure looks good.

Go for the Gold
    GG~
    Last edited by Goodyguy; May 26, 2016 at 11:30 AM.

us
    vaquero44 Brandon Moore

Dec 2009
    Maine
    Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
    327 times
    its a darn good sluice no classifying will capture -150 to 200 mesh gold in the low flow matts built with very nice precision and qaulity
    Dain8404 likes this.
    always on the quest of finding the machine that fits me!

us
    Mar 2016
    pa
    garrett at pro .
    110 times
    ive got my hands on some hog matting I'm gonna try in my drop zone sluice as well
    vaquero44 likes this.

Mar 2016
    182 times
    Very solid, well thought-out product with meticulous QA.

Pricey for what it is.

us
    Scott

Dec 2015
    RI
    XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
    499 times
    I like the Goldhog sluice , you are paying for the engineering of a well made product that works . Yes it may seem very simple , but that the beauty of engineering . That's what you get , a piece of effective equipment , that will last a long time .

us
    Husband, father & fun seeker

Jul 2015
    utah
    939 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Crab View Post
    Very solid, well thought-out product with meticulous QA.

Pricey for what it is.
    I disagree with the pricey part. Add up the cost of a A-52, a stand, and two sets of gold hog mats and you'll see it's actually a little cheaper. Plus the mats are already put together, by someone who does it for a living.
    arizau likes this.

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    3289 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by utah mason View Post
    I disagree with the pricey part. Add up the cost of a A-52, a stand, and two sets of gold hog mats and you'll see it's actually a little cheaper. Plus the mats are already put together, by someone who does it for a living.
    ^That^ plus the fact that goldhog mats are pretty much proven to be one of, if not the most, efficient mat configurations available today.
    utah mason and Goldwasher like this.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links