Bazooka Sluice Box order

HardHatMatt

Mar 15, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kevin...I got a quote through Greg Doyle, per your suggestion (and have seen his ads in the GPOR newsletter.) Seems like a really nice guy, got back to me with a quote very fast...thank you for the suggestion! Unfortunately, he is out of stock and it sounds like he is not immune to the long production times. At the end of the day, I guess I'm going to have to order through the website and cross my fingers. I don't necessarily mind the wait...I have other things I can use in the mean time, but it would be nice if they don't pull the full-on Houdini act Goldwasher seems to believe is on the horizon.

ColoradoGoldGal

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Kevin,

Thanks again for the info.
I've been going up to Cache Creek mostly, Point Barr is now closed for the season, BLM closed it for the fish spawn until next April...
I've also done some prospecting in the streams around Cripple Creek area, if you ever decide to venture that way I would suggest Phantom Canyon area, I could get more detailed if your ever headed that way.
I plan on joining the Gold Prospectors after the new year.
Also, I did visit the links you sent, too bad about Cache Creek area for next year, that's why I'm trying to get up there as much as I can before next year, I've been finding some decent gold up there. I was thinking next year if the sluicing is not allowed about using a gold bucket...any thought's on it?
Thanks again,
Coloradogoldgal

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kevin...I got a quote through Greg Doyle, per your suggestion (and have seen his ads in the GPOR newsletter.) Seems like a really nice guy, got back to me with a quote very fast...thank you for the suggestion! Unfortunately, he is out of stock and it sounds like he is not immune to the long production times. At the end of the day, I guess I'm going to have to order through the website and cross my fingers. I don't necessarily mind the wait...I have other things I can use in the mean time, but it would be nice if they don't pull the full-on Houdini act Goldwasher seems to believe is on the horizon.

I've got 3 Bazookas, two bought directly from his web site and each sluice took 5 and 7 weeks to receive. I got lucky and found the Miner on Craig's list. The way I see it, he's just trying to stay small and in house to maximize profit & craftsmanship. As we all know these sluices are well worth the wait.

Just tell yourself it will take two months........... that way you likely won't be disappointed.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Kevin,

Thanks again for the info.
I've been going up to Cache Creek mostly, Point Barr is now closed for the season, BLM closed it for the fish spawn until next April...
I've also done some prospecting in the streams around Cripple Creek area, if you ever decide to venture that way I would suggest Phantom Canyon area, I could get more detailed if your ever headed that way.
I plan on joining the Gold Prospectors after the new year.
Also, I did visit the links you sent, too bad about Cache Creek area for next year, that's why I'm trying to get up there as much as I can before next year, I've been finding some decent gold up there. I was thinking next year if the sluicing is not allowed about using a gold bucket...any thought's on it?
Thanks again,
Coloradogoldgal

I was gifted a gold rush nugget bucket last year and have used it couple of times. It pretty much works as advertised....catches gold down to at least 100 mesh. If you cannot sluice then it is a viable option as is production panning.

Good luck

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So untrue ! What's going on can't be attributed to any form of "trying" And absolutely the wrong thing for Todd to hear. Luckily he doesn't read these threads out of shame.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So untrue ! What's going on can't be attributed to any form of "trying" And absolutely the wrong thing for Todd to hear. Luckily he doesn't read these threads out of shame.

Small business owners in this country are in constant state of struggle "trying" to make a buck. Market forces, labor dynamics, heavy handed government regulations etc. and I don't blame him one bit wanting to stay small. If you were to order a hand made custom knife, gun or bike, plan on waiting up to 6 months or may be longer. Building these custom sluices the way he does is no different.

I've talked to Todd several times, he seems like a good guy and produces one hell of a sluice (there is no shame in that) If he doesn't read threads I couldn't blame him one bit for the negativity, incessant whining and base less trash talking of some members.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He is and he does. you've talked to Todd several times. Keep in mind if talked to Todd hundreds of times. At the shop or at his house or at my house or his other property. Building his sluices right next to him.
Threads like this are a slippery slope for me. I could just sit back and watch from both sides. I could just see how it goes down fo the producer and consumer.
I just have this problem knowing that someone who is waiting on a sluice box they ordered three weeks ago is literally hoping that someone orders one today and they don't even know it. all they can say is "I hope I don't set the record for longest wait".
Considering that new orders are making old orders get off the table and into the mail, is the plan for the day. I as a dealer will not place an order. Even though they will go up in value at least a bit in the future.

My comments are not baseless. They are literally the most insightful and informed possible.(other than Chris or Todd) At this point I care more for the consumer and potential customer. Than I do the feelings of a guy who could give two $3!ts about his business or customers.(Prove otherwise Osborne!) This is not about him wanting to stay small. If you want to believe you know all about it go for it. The fact remains I actually know what's going on because like it or not this situation I comment on is actually part of my life beyond these forums.

I've sat at the very computer that makes the Bazooka vendor posts rare and unseen as of now. Todd will be the first to tell you that I have told him exactly why things are this way and that I am not the only one breaking his balls over it and many other things. and that ANYTHING ! I say here I will stand eye to eye with anyone so called out and complain and whine in person if that's what you think this is.

I'm not trash talking I'm reminding him of his lot for presenting himself as a manufacturer, and retailer. It's simple when someone pays for something they should get it. So far they have, I truly hope the person who affects the entire situation figures out how to make sure that the money they(hapless consumer) send for a sluice box. Actually goes towards their sluice and not to the miracle someone has been praying for on TNET for three weeks.

P.S. enjoy your moment of lashing out at me, as I will never again comment on this particular subject or speak to or about the product involved. tips tricks or specs. I will leave it up to the all knowing members who have talked on the phone several times with the dude who doesn't answer anymore....I double dog dare someone to drive up to the shop and try and get a sluice in person. let us know who's leasing the space now!!

Last edited:

HardHatMatt

Mar 15, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So strange...if the straits are this dire, you'd think he would be able to string together a few solid days of answering phone calls and returning e-mails in an attempt to save the business. I have a hard time imagining how the P/L could be beyond repair, but if the balance sheet is such a disaster that the whole business is beyond saving, at least try to peddle off the brand name and other I.P. This business isn't complicated so a good operator could make a go of it in fairly short order. Buy the brand, website, etc...run the numbers, is it worth buying your own CNC, etc? If so, buy it, if not, find CNC mills to do it for you and form the relationships. I wouldn't change or try to improve the design of the product at all other than stronger branding. Put in improved processes to manage customer service, production, etc. Market, market, market, market, market. Simple if you are serious and have the capital.

I just wonder what would cause someone to behave in such a way...a man who, by all accounts, seems to be a stand-up guy? In Goldwasher's insider tattles of the situation, I have yet to understand what Todd's "motive" would be for allowing his business to fail (if that is indeed what is happening.) Vaguely, Goldwasher's general implication seems to be that Todd is lazy and stubborn...he won't hire people or do the work himself, he buys the wrong tools and equipment, he won't take advice or assistance from those who know his business better than he does, etc. I would guess there is more to the story than that.

Anyway, I would just like a 36" Prospector ASAP! :occasion14:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If they are really having troubles, be sure to pay via credit card so you can claw back the money if you get stiffed (which I hope is not going to happen to anyone!)

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
With a LeTrap (my choice before I got a Bazooka), you can hand feed it with no classifying. And since that is a slower feed, reasonably fast water with help with the heavy black sands filling up. And I still use a LeTrap when there is not enough water flow to make my Bazooka work correctly.

HTH

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi, I have a prospecting friend in Woodland Park and I am in Monument. Kevin has great information on places to go, how to use a Bazooka, well--just about everything. If I can help any (I have two Bazookas), please send me a PM.

Sorry, this is to ColoradoGoldGal.

Last edited:

Bbarton

Oct 31, 2016
Motherlode
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know this is my first post here, but I found this thread a few weeks ago when trying to find information about the bazooka's ship times and/or if they were having problems. My girlfriend ordered a sniper on September 9th for me for my birthday (or at least tried) and we hadn't heard anything in a few weeks so she tried contacting the company with no reply. I've since tried calling the company almost daily and sometimes multiple times a day just to receive their answering machine. I've left countless messages and sent plenty of emails. Haven't heard a word. The only thing giving me hope at this time is seeing that the OP ordered his a few days before my girlfriend ordered mine and he has since received it. Goldwasher has given plenty of insight to what seems to be going on and I am disappointed to hear about such lousy business practices with what seems to be a knockout product. I will let everyone know if I ever hear back or receive the product for that matter. If I do not hear back from the company in the next couple of weeks I might just take a ride into Coloma to find something out, it is only about an hour and a half away from me... glad to be a part of the forums, a lot of awesome information and great people on here it seems!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are BGT's handmade? I think an assembly line needs to be set up....Make ALOT of them, over stock!
Problem solved.
They are very popular. If you had a couple of hundred in stock.....You could then ship them immediately.

Last edited:

ColoradoGoldGal

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
I received the Bazooka order last week!!! :-) so, they are still being made. I placed my order on September 29th and received an email stating it was in the mail on November 11; I waited until Monday November 14th and checked in with the little post office that is in my neighborhood, and walla! It was there!!!! I believe someone in this thread was talking about still ordering one soon, thought this might give some hope.
Happy Thanksgiving!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yay! Happy US Thanksgiving!!

Bbarton

Oct 31, 2016
Motherlode
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Unfortunately after over 2 months of not hearing anything from bazooka and calling daily I told my girlfriend to try and get her money back by disputing the charge with her bank. Fortunately we were able to get the funds back, but not without disappointment. She and I both were looking forward to it. I'm not sure what happened with my order, Maybe it was lost, I'm not sure. Either way I could never get in contact with anyone to find anything out so now I'm waiting for a usednone on eBay/Craigslist. I'm glad to hear others are still receiving their bazooka orders, happy prospecting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread