Bazooka; "The Miner"

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Considering buying the Miner, I've had the Prospector and Super Mini for several years now and their great in themselves. When myself and mining partner are both running material, the Prospector struggles to keep up. That got me thinking about the biggest Bazooka in the line up. The only consistent comment I've heard about the Miner is that it needs one hell of a flow to work effectively. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, if someone has a Miner and thought of selling, send me a PM. I'd buy new but considering the wait these days, I'd like to get one before my teeth fall out and am confined to a rocking chair.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do not order one! They don't need that much more flow than a prospector. They can take a lot of material. Hangtown and I have used his on our claim it is a beast to get out of the water. I posted a few pics in a thread last year.

OP
OP
H

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good to know, thanks

OP
OP
H

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was thinking this morning; what the hell and checked Craig's list. Would you believe it......A 48" miner was just posted today! Got the guy on the phone and said I'll take it.

Used once, like new and it spent the last year leaning in the corner of the garage and full of spider webs. Saved myself $150. and without the wait!

OP
OP
H

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Even though it will see limited use (compared to my Prospector), I'm really glad I bought it. Can't believe how big it is......a beast! I've already named it "the battleship"

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's one mean machine!

OP
OP
H

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice score! Why did they want to sell it?

One trip hiking that monster into & out "the narrows" of the East Fork of the San Gaberial river was enough for him (as it would be most men). He said it was like carrying his 4 year old kid for five miles! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One trip hiking that monster into & out "the narrows" of the East Fork of the San Gaberial river was enough for him (as it would be most men). He said it was like carrying his 4 year old kid for five miles! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Ha ha!
Hell doing that with my Sniper and gear was a good haul.
So with a Miner, that must have been fun.
And that's 5 miles just one way! Hooo Hooo!!

agolddigger

Oct 28, 2016
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Unless you're limited on setup locations I'd say just setup two sluices. I'm willing to bet you'd be better off if you + your mining partner each have your own prospector to beat on :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread