First Trip With The New Bazooka

Au Chit

Greenie
Sep 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gal and I headed to the Bear River for a quick 6-hr trip (10/20). We were a little apprehensive about using the Bazooka with the amount of fines and flours known here, but I am speculating I had the new 36-inch Sniper setup correctly!

Time to sing some Monkees..... Then I saw her face. I'm a believer!

DSC05676.JPG

Last edited:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like the unit will pay for itself fairly quickly. Glad you both enjoyed the time out! How was the weather? Was it muddy?..........................63bkpkr

OP
OP
A

Au Chit

Greenie
Sep 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like the unit will pay for itself fairly quickly. Glad you both enjoyed the time out! How was the weather? Was it muddy?..........................63bkpkr

Weather was perfect! Sunny- approximately 47-degrees when we arrived and 84-degrees at departure. River was up roughly 2-3 inches from last week's rain. Slightly murky which seems to be the norm...

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2: nice to see someone getting out there and some nice color to boot.
congrats to you both.

I hope to get out this weekend.
Not sure how or what type of prospecting, but I'm determined to get out none the less.
Not much water to sluice with, drywasher still needs updates done.
So I may just go grab some buckets of material and bring it home and sluice it.
Just need to dig and pan some color.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice gold. EF in the AM G-Bone. Middle parking lot.

Last edited:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gal and I headed to the Bear River for a quick 6-hr trip (10/20). We were a little apprehensive about using the Bazooka with the amount of fines and flours known here, but I am speculating I had the new 36-inch Sniper setup correctly!

Time to sing some Monkees..... Then I saw her face. I'm a believer!

View attachment 1372895

Congratulations on your first outing with your trap. Once you use one you never go back. If the rains stay away for awhile the Bear will be very workable.

OP
OP
A

Au Chit

Greenie
Sep 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had about 2-pounds of cons left to finish from my last trip. Grabbed a cold one and sat in the garage/driveway... Both neighbors walked by (they think I am crazy panning in the driveway), but the look on their eyes when they saw this was priceless!

BR2.jpg
BR3.jpg

agolddigger

Oct 28, 2016
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had about 2-pounds of cons left to finish from my last trip. Grabbed a cold one and sat in the garage/driveway... Both neighbors walked by (they think I am crazy panning in the driveway), but the look on their eyes when they saw this was priceless!

View attachment 1375761
View attachment 1375762

Nice finds! Everyone thinks you're crazy until they decide to join in for themselves :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread