fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone. New prospector here. I have a question about putting in more V mat in the wing dam of the A52. I want to have the V mat go from about half way up the wing dam to the existing mat. What is the best way to attach the mat? What kind of glue? I dont want to glue it down withe anything that will eat the aluminum. Thanks for the help!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is there no V-mat there now? If not, then that's an older sluice
(which doesn't hurt a thing..lol)

Think I used Gorilla Glue on mine...whatever it was it's still
holding perfectly several years later.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Barge Products - Barge Cement

Barge contact cement....... Be sure you have things lined up before touching parts together....

Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 8.06.23 AM.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DizzyDigger, There is Vmat there. It is not on the wind dam portion. Or slick plate I think it is also called. I want to extend it half way up the slick plate. Ill give the gorilla glue a try. I am guessing non foaming?

johnedoe, Ill take a look at that stuff too. Thanks for the tips!!

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't think the addition of the vee mat will improve efficiency of the sluice but it will probably act as an easily visible indicator section to show if you are on the gold. By the same token, the addition probably need not be as big as you are talking about. I have about 3 or 4 inches glued to my goldhog mat and it works as a gold indicator. That was not the original intent since I simply used it to help fasten the GH mats in my homemade sluice. Just worked out as a bonus.

Last edited:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think the addition of the vee mat will improve efficiency of the sluice but it will probably act as an easily visible indicator section to show if you are on the gold. By the same token, the addition probably need not be as big as you are talking about. I have about 3 or 4 inches glued to my goldhog mat and it works as a gold indicator. That was not the original intent since I simply used it to help fasten the GH mats in my homemade sluice. Just worked out as a bonus.
Tried it in mine didn't gain much slowed it down if any thing. What I would do is replace the existing v-mat with a deeper grooved one.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We here in NH have fine gold like yours. I found that my A-52 catches most of the gold in that v-groove and the first riffle.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Pay attention to what he is saying about Incremental Processing........

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread