Glueing v groove mat to le trap

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Kinda a waste of one of the best sluices out there. I just added Silicone to the grooves of the bigger riffles to help hold the finer gold (RTV doesn't work in fact gold slips right off it). If I were you I'd get a sluice blank and add the V groove matting. They're available on ebay.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Never used the Le Trap but have heard many speak of it. I agree with Seden - don't ruin a well-designed piece of equipment, especially one with such a decent track record. It would benefit you to have a second sluice that you can choose between. Remember, there is NO single piece of prospecting equipment that is the best choice for every location/situation/person.

ezrider2

Nov 17, 2014
Fairfax Va
Detector(s) used
Angus MacKirk Recon 2 and Boss 2, Custom made 52" river sluice, pans, Viper vac.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Use silicone. I know more people that run v mat in their le traps then don't.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about that 3M headliner spray glue they sell at the auto parts stores? Worked great to glue some felt on a piece on one of my projects! Just try it out on a small part of the lip to see if it softens the plastic. Can't shoot ya for tryin!

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to an Auto parts store and get a tube of 3m weatherstrip adhesive. Yellow or black they both work quite well. Just wash the v-mat with some alcohol to clean the oils off the side you're gluing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread