Homemade Gold Cube

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do you about the size you made the troughs? Dimensions? I'm not even sure where to really start. I got some sheet metal last night and want to put the troughs in tonight. I don't want the boys to do that, I wouldn't feel safe with them playing with sharp ass metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't own one nor have I even seen one but were I to try to build one I would scale it out from pictures, cutout views, some known dimensions, etc.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know about the size you made the troughs? Dimensions? I'm not even sure where to really start. I got some sheet metal last night and want to put the troughs in tonight. I don't want the boys to do that, I wouldn't feel safe with them playing with sharp ass metal.

The factory ones are about 12" X 1-5/8" X 1-5/8" deep and the gate extends to about 1/2" off the bottom of the curve.Factory gates are 3/8" thick.
Mine are 14" X 1-3/4" X 2" deep and the gate extends to 5/8" off the bottom of the curve. My aluminum gates are 1/8" thick.

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
TintedSnow

TintedSnow

Sep 25, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, White's Goldmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, thanks!

OP
OP
TintedSnow

TintedSnow

Sep 25, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, White's Goldmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my plastic made. Just bit the bullet and ditched the wood. Now I just need to glue the plastic together, get the water lines set up and it'll be all done! I could only find 1 1/2" pvc pipes for my curves, so I'll just have to go with that.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
This is where the gold cube got it's start... think about this and you may find it easier to build...
This is a PDF that Trev put together. It will give you all the specks to build his beach box aka boil box sluice.

Attachments

• Trev's Beach Box.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 270

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread