A Sinking Ship.

BGChris

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The mast is busted, and the captain is ready to bail.

Who in their right mind would want to take the helm?

Bazooka is going on the block. Name, IP, Tools, Web, Etc.

Interested parties can contact me off list..

I've been out of the loop for over 2 months, but I'm trying to help Todd figure this out. I'm shutting down the ability to order on Monday when I go to the shop. To anyone who has ordered in the past 90 days, efforts will be made to refund or ship your items. In my opinion, i'd wait for the boxes to ship if I can get him to commit, simply because they may be the last original BGT's to ship.

I'm very sorry it's come to this. Like GW has said, it wasn't because of trying. I can only do so much, and I believe Todd needs a change of scenery. To everyone here and our customers worldwide, It's been a pleasure serving you.

With Regard,

Chris Young, former Manager
Bazooka Gold Company

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Too bad. Going to be a lot of disappointed people.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The shop going too?
Manufacturing, etc.
What about the patents?

Can a perspective buyer see the shop, everything in it, in person?
Tax records too...

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The shop going too?
Manufacturing, etc.
What about the patents?

Can a perspective buyer see the shop, everything in it, in person?
Tax records too...

There is no shop you can buy the tools at Home Depot the patents expired. The name is the only thing holding meaning.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no shop you can buy the tools at Home Depot the patents expired. The name is the only thing holding meaning.

Thanks, but what I want to know is there the ability to manufactor ALOT of BGT's? The key is having more then enough to fulfill sales.... Not have to build a BGT, but box one and ship it! The day it was ordered of course.

OP
OP
B

BGChris

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, but what I want to know is there the ability to manufactor ALOT of BGT's? The key is having more then enough to fulfill sales.... Not have to build a BGT, but box one and ship it! The day it was ordered of course.

To keep everything on track, if you have a legitimate interest in this, please reply off-list.

OP
OP
B

BGChris

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Home Depot has the basics, a few vendors have the rest.

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please someone take over lol... I want my prospector LOL ;)

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Chris. Yes please contact Chris offline just know that I am also here to help any interested parties as I have built one or two of them....and will help any way I can. I know of every issue that slows down their production. And was actually able to make them fairly quickly when I could get compression in all cylinders.

bazookagoldtrap

Aug 27, 2013
Coloma, California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The mast is busted, and the captain is ready to bail.

Who in their right mind would want to take the helm?

Bazooka is going on the block. Name, IP, Tools, Web, Etc.

Interested parties can contact me off list..

I've been out of the loop for over 2 months, but I'm trying to help Todd figure this out. I'm shutting down the ability to order on Monday when I go to the shop. To anyone who has ordered in the past 90 days, efforts will be made to refund or ship your items. In my opinion, i'd wait for the boxes to ship if I can get him to commit, simply because they may be the last original BGT's to ship.

I'm very sorry it's come to this. Like GW has said, it wasn't because of trying. I can only do so much, and I believe Todd needs a change of scenery. To everyone here and our customers worldwide, It's been a pleasure serving you.

With Regard,

Bazooka Gold Company

Just to be clear that this is an official post.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow. Somebody pick that up and run! One of the better products to come along. Hope production can resume.

Dain8404

Jan 31, 2013
Colby, KS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad deal. Great product. Wanted to get a sniper this summer. There are more important things in life. Hope everyone is in good health there. I still have my prospector and mini to play with.

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is actually good news, maybe now someone with passion can pick the product line back up and start improving and expanding.

mofugly13

Jan 30, 2015
San Francisco, Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

With no patent, what is really for sale? The name? It is my understanding that for a fee, a patent can be renewed. It seems like the current BGT differs enough from the original patent, that a new patent could be applied for, for the improved design... If there was a patent then there might be something of value to sell. Otherwise, what's stopping someone from starting from scratch and just giving the whole thing a new name?

I can think of so many cost effective ways that BGT's could be cranked out in an assembly line fashion. I hope someone takes this and runs with it. It's such a good product.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think the BGT name would be worth something. If there is goodwill v slur left. Fulfillment of outstanding orders would , I presume, allow a new owner to hit the ground running.

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
Build them & then find a way to ship them to Alaska at a reasonable price and you can stick my name on the order list somebody. Heck I might even be willing to stock them in Alaska for a new owner be a shipping point here!

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My thoughts.....A bazooka can be easily reverse engineered and then built by anyone. The stickler is, can that/those be marketed legally? If they can then such is the life of many innovators of small market products. I hope that there is some protection and that someone new can continue building them profitably and that the original company gets compensation too.

Last edited:

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This makes me glad I ordered the calsluice instead of the BGT! I went back and forth on the 2 of them. Got my calsluice in 4 days.

That does suck though. I hope you guys can get things figured out.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread