Fluid bed sluice plan

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
speaking of fluid bed highbankers....didn't you build one GG? How well does it work? Basic design?

I have built a few. The first one was an adaptation to my diy zooka where I simply used the hopper off my keene highbanker and fabbed a manifold to supply the trap tubes. The hopper was great because of the spray bars and the 1/2" grizzly built in for pre-classifying. (not that pre-classifying is necessary)

It worked better than being in the creek because I could control the flow to both the top deck and the tubes separately by use of valves making each flow fine tune-able.

Was also easy to test for any necessary tweaks or mods to the trap during development by placing a tub at the end of the sluice to check the tailings for any color.

gthb.jpg

Others I built were for specific duty and I designed them from the ground up.

Go for the Gold
GG~

Last edited:

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice HB. I took the leap today. Ordered two sheets of 3/32. I'll p/u a sheet of 1/4" and some "glue" and I'm on my way.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The zooka clone build has begun. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1489290227.556163.jpg .

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1489290260.572327.jpg if you look close it is glowing. It's 40" of heating area. So that's the max length for now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread