OP
OP
agolddigger

agolddigger

Oct 28, 2016
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Took mine out today, creek I was in is normally flowing slow enough that I'd use low flow mats but it was going heavy with snow melt today. Put in the high flow mats, tossed full shovel fulls with up to 4" rocks in it and ended up with tons of super fine flood gold.

Both mats have a great capture rate from what I can tell, if the water is really moving then the trimmed River Hog mat up top really helps since it smooths out the flow. I never fear losing any gold with those mats & no classification needed. Only issue is how heavy they are along with my sluice & other gear for areas with poor access :D

Tahoegold

Mar 7, 2016
Carson City, NV
Detector(s) used
Compadre, Gold Racer, White's TRX,Bazooka GT 24",God Hog mats,Grizzly Gold Trap Motherload, Harbor freight 9 function, Cintech pinpointer, Determination
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you for reporting. And congratulations! Sounds like you have a nice set of tools now. I looked at the river sluice with the 2 mats. I understand now the difference in these 2 methods (Bazooka/Hog mats). They are different tools for different jobs. Again, glad to hear your find on this! Also glad you got what you went for!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread