Laser cut little bazooka

rosej3570

May 26, 2016
Le Claire, IA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read a lot about the bazooka on these forums. They seem popular. I then saw the post about the date of the company. So I set out this morning to see how hard it would be to manufacture some. In my research I saw that Daniel2015 had put together some plans. I looked them over checked out my material stock and 10 minutes of the laser running I ended up with this. Daniel's files are awesome. Yes I still need to make the fluid tubes, but I am very pleased with it. I may be making some more in the future.
IMG_20170329_133541140.jpg
IMG_20170329_133535538_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170329_133530665.jpg

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Love DIY!

Access to the type of equipment that you used could/would have "saved the day" for the Bazooka Gold Trap group.

Good Job.:thumbsup:

PS: There is at least one other very popular "gold getting gizmo" that your equipment could probably turn out most of the parts for too. Making one for personal use is ok from what I understand but it is still under patent so, legally, it could not be made for sale.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rosej3570

May 26, 2016
Le Claire, IA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love DIY!

Access to the type of equipment that you used could/would have "saved the day" for the Bazooka Gold Trap group.

Good Job.[emoji106]

PS: There is at least one other very popular "gold getting gizmo" that your equipment could probably turn out most of the parts for too. Making one for personal use is ok from what I understand but it is still under patent so, legally, it could not be made for sale.
I teach manufacturing for an engineering program, operate a prototyping lab, and do some manufacturing consulting on the side, so this was pretty easy crank out. I started to see how to improve efficiency in building the BGT, and stumbled across the drawings. I'm sure total volume for the BGT isn't huge, but it would make a great evening job to build, and ship them. Reality is I have most the equipment at home, but the intellectual property protection prevents it for me at this time, but it does give me something play with. [emoji3]

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The patents are all expired from what I've heard and seen.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The patents are all expired from what I've heard and seen.

Yep for the zook but nope for the unnamed "gizmo" I was thinking about as a future project.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rosej3570

May 26, 2016
Le Claire, IA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did more work on it. Need to drill holes then glue it together. It is made out of acrylic so it won't last a really long time but it will work for testing, now I just need a place in Iowa or Illinois to test it.
IMG_20170330_192814543.jpg
IMG_20170330_192754269.jpg

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't forget the grizzly bars or are the holes that you need to drill for that purpose(?).

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Really cool build! The tubes should protrude into the lower water chamber. This prevents clog ups.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread