GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP Fluid Bed Sluices

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Any info on the outside width and height dimensions of the trap area on the Nugget model? I need to clean out into a smaller bucket.
Thx
Bob

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Underburden,
Do not have input for Nugget but in general, the classic round 5 gallon bucket can be swapped out for a rectangular ~ 5 gal "Recycle" bucket (from Home Depot, usually its blue in color with recycle logo) which allows even an A 52 to go all the way to the bottom of the recycle bucket without stretching the bucket walls at all.............................63bkpkr

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the heads up.... I'd sent an email a couple days ago and haven't heard squat so I had some doubts?

Never got any response to my email from these guys? Haven't seen him post lately either? I understand about the "emergency" stuff also. NOT a good way to start up a biz? My question is....Has anybody actually ordered their product and actually received it yet within a reasonable amount of time....???? I could use one but need it now and not when the snow flies.........????

Thanks

OP
OP
GrizzlyGoldTrap

GrizzlyGoldTrap

Feb 24, 2017
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My apologies for being off the forum for a while...
My dad went into the hospital back in Illinois two weeks ago, with doctors informing us that he had very little time left.
On June 15th, my 87 year-old dad passed away in our hometown of Quincy, IL. He was an awesome guy, and we shared countless days together hunting, fishing, metal detecting, and enjoying the outdoors. My love of the outdoors is due to his influence... We celebrated his life at his service, preferring to remember all the great things about him. The hour he passed away, I was capturing some video on the Explorer model sluice - the gold captured that day (below) will be part of a tribute to dad in remembrance of all the great times we had together.

Updates on production and assembly of Grizzly Gold Trap sluices are on our web site, but I also wanted to post updates here...
After some stops and goes on getting full production going, we are now underway on launching products. Miscellaneous parts are ready for assembly, including over 1,000 rods for grizzlies. Thermoforming parts are coming off design molds, so we will be adding video of this process. Fabrication shop is trimming thermoformed parts and are starting to assemble. We are working on getting a schedule from them on completed product for shipping (seeing how 4th of July holiday affects schedule).

I have been learning a lot about manufacturing process, and learning about how it takes them longer than I anticipate to get through initial mold process, testing, updating molds, etc. to get into actual product. This is why when we get all of the startup steps behind us, I want to keep a full months supply of products on shelf so we won't have delays in future. Thanks to all pre-orders folks, we are working hard to assemble and fulfill orders for you and will send out updates to each person.

OP
OP
GrizzlyGoldTrap

GrizzlyGoldTrap

Feb 24, 2017
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Never got any response to my email from these guys? Haven't seen him post lately either? I understand about the "emergency" stuff also. NOT a good way to start up a biz? My question is....Has anybody actually ordered their product and actually received it yet within a reasonable amount of time....???? I could use one but need it now and not when the snow flies.........????

Thanks

Hi Oneguy -- will look up your order and send you an email on order and shipping status...

OP
OP
GrizzlyGoldTrap

GrizzlyGoldTrap

Feb 24, 2017
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Adding a quick photo of first 40 Explorer and Nugget sluice forms. The fabricator is working on trimming out thermoformed parts, and assembling parts. Shipping will begin soon- will keep everyone update on first shipment dates...
thermoform-parts.jpg

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GGT,
The value you have for your customers and love for the outdoors shows what kind of man raised you. Your father must have been some magnificent gentleman to have raised such a brilliant and successful person such as yourself. Remember him well and cherish those memories. Life goes on but he will be with you for as long as you walk on this earth. Keep your head up and your spirit jumpin' as im sure he wouldn't want you to go about any other way.

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Oneguy -- will look up your order and send you an email on order and shipping status...
I did not order....yet, but asked a question. Thanks for the update and I'm sorry for your loss and startup headaches. Stuff happens and when you get into full swing I may order then......

thanks for responding/update..............

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome looking product and when I have some extra funds, I will likely purchase one! I do have a concern of lighter Gold Flakes and small pickers floating out once they escape the sample riffles. Due to this, I will mount a flat piece of plastic or aluminum at an angle across the width of the Grizzly GT below the sample riffles to insure that any light weight flakes and/or pickers wash straight into the trap, if and when I get one. This would also aid in dropping other Gold out of the flow and directly into the trap.

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
GrizzlyGoldTrap

GrizzlyGoldTrap

Feb 24, 2017
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome looking product and when I have some extra funds, I will likely purchase one! I do have a concern of lighter Gold Flakes and small pickers floating out once they escape the sample riffles. Due to this, I will mount a flat piece of plastic or aluminum at an angle across the width of the Grizzly GT below the sample riffles to insure that any light weight flakes and/or pickers wash straight into the trap, if and when I get one. This would also aid in dropping other Gold out of the flow and directly into the trap.

Frank

Follow production and shipping updates on web site: www.grizzlygoldtrap.com

Here is a video of the production process as we finalize molds for production runs...

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Frank

I don't think you'll need to do this. A similar modification will come standard on the box.

PS I saw a video today of the manufacturing process being tested. They are getting close to go-time!!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think you'll need to do this. A similar modification will come standard on the box.

PS I saw a video today of the manufacturing process being tested. They are getting close to go-time!!

I sure hope so Kevin and thanks for the info! I hope it will be made to slide in and out with ease to release any larger rocks that may get trapped behind it. Even a semi-hard rubber flap like what is used on a Highbanker/Dredge Combo to prevent blowouts while in Dredge mode would likely work better and allow the larger rocks to flow on through while still diverting the smaller flakes and pickers into the trap.

Frank

Last edited:

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kevin...Would the Explorer model be the same as the Bazooka Prospector.
I need to order something smaller than the Prospector but I'm not sure if the Nugget will be too small or if the Explorer is a step down in size compared to the Prospector. Anybody's help is much appreciated.

UPDATE...didn't realize the images on their website were hyperlinked.
Info sought & found & product ordered!

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can I get a special order version with tighter classification, like 1/4" or 1/8"?

they would have to re-tool to make that happen.

It affects the through put of material and water therefore affecting the fluid dynamics.

Too many options is part of what killed Bazooka

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
BGTs were 3/8" OC. 1/4" OC is pretty small. The steel is 3/32 so the opening is close to a quarter inch anyways.

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There are several examples of temporary and permanent use of 1/4" mesh over the top of the grizzly bars.
I would give it a try if you need 1/4" classification for fine gold recovery while maintaining the significant throughput of the GGT

Last edited:

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anymore updates on when these will ship out? I sent an email and didn't get a response

HardHatMatt

Mar 15, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is why I always felt this type of project was better suited to an established manufacturer...hate to say it, but kinda seems like we've traded one set of issues for another. Wish him the best and hope the kinks get worked out...would love to acquire one myself...but in retrospect it might have been better to resolve some of the issues before launching a website and taking orders.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions