GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP Fluid Bed Sluices

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I checked in with Dennis today. All is well, he's at the factory full time right now so not spending time online. First production run will be in the next few days!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kevin,
Thank you for the Update on the GGT, there are many of us out here on the edge of our chairs waiting for reports on this new product. I suspect our high interest has something to do with a particular Illness we all share!.....................63bkpkr

PS - A high success rate of the GGT product is wished for!!

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great new I got an update and shipments will start Friday and they estimate all pre orders will be shipped by Tuesday next week!!

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Did you receive an update via "Before the Rush"?
I signed up for it at the time I placed an order and so far my inbox is empty.

OP
OP
GrizzlyGoldTrap

GrizzlyGoldTrap

Feb 24, 2017
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We shipped 8 preorders on Friday and 12 more today! Will also have a large number of sluices going out Tues and Wed this week... Very excited to have folks start using them!

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is GGT considering a highbanker mod?

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will GGT be posting more videos on how to properly use the sluice or is something included with the shipment?

Fluid bed sluices do very well in fast water. I suspect you want to get the standard inch per foot drop, but you want that drop from the tip of the sluice to the start of the fluid bed chamber on the GGT, since its angled to keep the fluid bed level(er). I'd very much like to put my eyes on this sluice, if you guys are going to the river anytime soon give me a pm!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
inch a foot is probably too much. i should have one shortly i'll be putting it through it's paces.

Fluid beds like the Bazooka and GGT are not easy to make a high banker kit for. They need a large pump for the large volume of water. It changes the speed of the water over the carry deck really affecting the stratification.

A regular power sluice is cheaper and more user friendly with better recovery

arthos

Jun 16, 2017
Suprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Gold Trap; Explorer. Garrett Gold Pans. Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looking forward to receiving it!

dsrtdwg1

Sep 3, 2015
Brawley
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Gold Monster 1000, Keene 212v Puffer Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine arrived today. It will be a couple of weeks before I can get up north for a visit and use it....I live in the desert.

OP
OP
GrizzlyGoldTrap

GrizzlyGoldTrap

Feb 24, 2017
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We will be posting setup and operation videos next week along with a video about fluid bed exchange concepts...

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
dsrtdwg1 Curious as to when you ordered your GGT.
Thanks...Bob

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got a shipping confirmation yesterday and my order number was 1012 if that helps anyone

dsrtdwg1

Sep 3, 2015
Brawley
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Gold Monster 1000, Keene 212v Puffer Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dsrtdwg1 Curious as to when you ordered your GGT.
Thanks...Bob

The first day they started accepting orders, may 20. I figured it would show up when it was ready and I am glad he worked out any issues before rushing to ship. I know that most are aware but......anyone who has ever started any kind of small business and have it go 100% smooth probably should have played the Lottery that day.

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm #1027, so you getting shipping info on Monday is good news for me :occasion14:
Bob

StrandedSailor

Greenie
May 3, 2017
Napa, California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was order 1005 and got it last night. Looking forward to the videos! It's a great looking sluice. Crazy to believe that thin of plastic is really durable but I'm sure it is. We shall see!

n01d3x

Apr 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm #1008, I got a shipping notice on July 25th, but that was just to tell me a label was created. It took about a week to actually ship. Supposed to be here Thursday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread