Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree286Likes

Thread: GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP Fluid Bed Sluices

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2017
    Colorado
    168 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by huntsman53 View Post
    Awesome looking product and when I have some extra funds, I will likely purchase one! I do have a concern of lighter Gold Flakes and small pickers floating out once they escape the sample riffles. Due to this, I will mount a flat piece of plastic or aluminum at an angle across the width of the Grizzly GT below the sample riffles to insure that any light weight flakes and/or pickers wash straight into the trap, if and when I get one. This would also aid in dropping other Gold out of the flow and directly into the trap.

Frank
    Follow production and shipping updates on web site: www.grizzlygoldtrap.com

Here is a video of the production process as we finalize molds for production runs...

us
    www.FindingGOLDinColorado.com

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluices, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump, bench top rod mill, Whippet drywasher
    8971 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by huntsman53 View Post
    Awesome looking product and when I have some extra funds, I will likely purchase one! I do have a concern of lighter Gold Flakes and small pickers floating out once they escape the sample riffles. Due to this, I will mount a flat piece of plastic or aluminum at an angle across the width of the Grizzly GT below the sample riffles to insure that any light weight flakes and/or pickers wash straight into the trap, if and when I get one. This would also aid in dropping other Gold out of the flow and directly into the trap.

Frank
    I don't think you'll need to do this. A similar modification will come standard on the box.

PS I saw a video today of the manufacturing process being tested. They are getting close to go-time!!
    huntsman53, 63bkpkr and davin like this.

us
    Frank

Jun 2013
    Jefferson City, Tennessee
    JW Fisher Pulse 8X; Minelab CTX 3030 & Sovereign Elite; White's GMT, Beach Hunter Id, Surf PI, Coinmaster Classic II, 6000 Di S2, an old GM 66-T with 5 coils & GM 65-T with 3 coils.
    3952 times
    Gold and Gem prospecting & Error/Variety Coin Research/Searching/Consulting and Collecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    I don't think you'll need to do this. A similar modification will come standard on the box.

PS I saw a video today of the manufacturing process being tested. They are getting close to go-time!!
    I sure hope so Kevin and thanks for the info! I hope it will be made to slide in and out with ease to release any larger rocks that may get trapped behind it. Even a semi-hard rubber flap like what is used on a Highbanker/Dredge Combo to prevent blowouts while in Dredge mode would likely work better and allow the larger rocks to flow on through while still diverting the smaller flakes and pickers into the trap.

Frank
    Last edited by huntsman53; Jul 11, 2017 at 01:38 PM.
    KevinInColorado likes this.
    U.S. Army Veteran (Nov. 27, 1972 to Mar. 30, 1978) and Federal Government Employee (Nov. 19, 1978 to Jul. 30, 2011), now retired with a total Federal Service of 38 years and 15 days. I am a Coin Collector, Searcher & Researcher at heart with main interests in Error & Variety Coins. I also love Gold and Gem Prospecting, Metal Detecting when and where I can, Ginseng and Herb Hunting, Long Range Shooting, Hunting and Fishing as well as research on Spanish Shipwrecks.

us
    Mar 2012
    Idaho
    Nokta FORS Gold+, Fisher Gold Bug, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Bazooka 36" Prospector, Bottom Feeder Hand Dredge, Homemade sluices
    752 times
    Prospecting
    Kevin...Would the Explorer model be the same as the Bazooka Prospector.
    I need to order something smaller than the Prospector but I'm not sure if the Nugget will be too small or if the Explorer is a step down in size compared to the Prospector. Anybody's help is much appreciated.

UPDATE...didn't realize the images on their website were hyperlinked.
    Info sought & found & product ordered!
    Last edited by Underburden; Jul 12, 2017 at 04:57 PM.
    Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD.
    Visit my Idaho Gold Prospecting Blog at Bedrock or Bust
    US Army 1969-1971
    2016 Cancer Survivor

us
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    882 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Can I get a special order version with tighter classification, like 1/4" or 1/8"?

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil,
    8644 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nemo View Post
    Can I get a special order version with tighter classification, like 1/4" or 1/8"?
    they would have to re-tool to make that happen.

It affects the through put of material and water therefore affecting the fluid dynamics.

Too many options is part of what killed Bazooka

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2012
    Tujunga, CA
    Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
    899 times
    Prospecting
    BGTs were 3/8" OC. 1/4" OC is pretty small. The steel is 3/32 so the opening is close to a quarter inch anyways.

us
    Apr 2017
    Galt, CA
    56 times
    Prospecting
    There are several examples of temporary and permanent use of 1/4" mesh over the top of the grizzly bars.
    I would give it a try if you need 1/4" classification for fine gold recovery while maintaining the significant throughput of the GGT
    Last edited by SRP_KBell; Jul 18, 2017 at 08:40 PM.

us
    Jul 2014
    Nor Cal
    Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
    199 times
    Prospecting
    Anymore updates on when these will ship out? I sent an email and didn't get a response

Mar 2016
    Colorado
    192 times
    This is why I always felt this type of project was better suited to an established manufacturer...hate to say it, but kinda seems like we've traded one set of issues for another. Wish him the best and hope the kinks get worked out...would love to acquire one myself...but in retrospect it might have been better to resolve some of the issues before launching a website and taking orders.
    mytimetoshine and oneguy like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2012
    Tujunga, CA
    Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
    899 times
    Prospecting
    Sounds like the same. No response is familiar. Not good.

us
    www.FindingGOLDinColorado.com

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluices, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump, bench top rod mill, Whippet drywasher
    8971 times
    Prospecting
    I checked in with Dennis today. All is well, he's at the factory full time right now so not spending time online. First production run will be in the next few days!

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    2916 times
    Kevin,
    Thank you for the Update on the GGT, there are many of us out here on the edge of our chairs waiting for reports on this new product. I suspect our high interest has something to do with a particular Illness we all share!.....................63bkpkr

PS - A high success rate of the GGT product is wished for!!
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

us
    Jul 2014
    Nor Cal
    Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
    199 times
    Prospecting
    Great new I got an update and shipments will start Friday and they estimate all pre orders will be shipped by Tuesday next week!!

us
    Mar 2012
    Idaho
    Nokta FORS Gold+, Fisher Gold Bug, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Bazooka 36" Prospector, Bottom Feeder Hand Dredge, Homemade sluices
    752 times
    Prospecting
    Did you receive an update via "Before the Rush"?
    I signed up for it at the time I placed an order and so far my inbox is empty.
    Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD.
    Visit my Idaho Gold Prospecting Blog at Bedrock or Bust
    US Army 1969-1971
    2016 Cancer Survivor

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links