Feb 18, 2016
Youngstown, FL
Detector(s) used
GPX 4500,
Fisher Gold Bug Pro,
Gold Hog stream sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to say I'm impressed with how good your back is! I'm only six foot one, and I'd be done after a couple of hours bending over like you do! 'Course, I'm a few years older...

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to say I'm impressed with how good your back is! I'm only six foot one, and I'd be done after a couple of hours bending over like you do! 'Course, I'm a few years older...
When I was a chef I spent ten to fourteen hours a day on my feet bent at the neck. Every few months I would have back spasms pull something was almost to the point of physical therapy per my Doc. He was trying to get me to take almost 2000mg of Ibuprofin a day( F that!!!) and would prescribe me muscle relaxers and other pills I wouldn't take.I would take 800mg Ibu do the heat pad and plug in massager and deal with it. I had major sleep issues and basically slow creaky mornings.

Now just like when I was dredging full time before the ban. I go to bed tired fall right asleep and wake up feeling great. Even though I spend a decent amount of time digging, putting in fence working my 1/8 acre veggie garden and other various chores around the property cutting brush and clearing etc.

I feel great every morning and haven't had a back episode for almost three years. Since I stopped running kitchens.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK GW - I guess its time for a double dog dare...

I'm at the shop fifty hours a week...figure out how to run into me on a Monday or Tuesday when I'm closed. I will be guiding on those days sometimes. Our claim is about out of natural sluice flow so I would have to run at the river though it is high.

I am going to spend sometime checking out some creaks that have opened to entry so a bit of sampling to be done. I usually hike in with my angus or lil Killa and no classifiers so I can do 1/4 yard samples pretty quickly.

If you want me to compare actual portability and usefullness I can do that. I won't be classifying into a bucket or tub though.

OP
OP
S

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GW -

I am retired so based on your busy schedule it is better for you to setup a time that works for you. I understand you are juggling between business, mining and family. Whenever you're available just give me a couple days notice and I'm in. Weekdays are always better since weekends are wife days!

You can PM me or post it here - your choice.

KB

OP
OP
S

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
MTTS -

You funny...I'll have to work on my grimacing stare.

As hard as GW works I'll have to concede he'd probably kick my butt.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
more like this

and man do I love my porch swing

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would shake your hand though:tongue3:

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a chef I spent ten to fourteen hours a day on my feet bent at the neck. Every few months I would have back spasms pull something was almost to the point of physical therapy per my Doc. He was trying to get me to take almost 2000mg of Ibuprofin a day( F that!!!) and would prescribe me muscle relaxers and other pills I wouldn't take.I would take 800mg Ibu do the heat pad and plug in massager and deal with it. I had major sleep issues and basically slow creaky mornings.

Now just like when I was dredging full time before the ban. I go to bed tired fall right asleep and wake up feeling great. Even though I spend a decent amount of time digging, putting in fence working my 1/8 acre veggie garden and other various chores around the property cutting brush and clearing etc.

I feel great every morning and haven't had a back episode for almost three years. Since I stopped running kitchens.

Sounds like my current situation. It's insane that you go to doctors and their first concern in a lot of cases (my experiences anyway) is they wait for a trigger word or phrase from their textbook then go down a checklist like they are working on a car.. you can be doubled over in the worst pain of your life but unless they have a test result that agrees with their line of thinking you will be profiled and ignored entirely walking away from the situation no better than when you started expect now you are deeper indebt and a little more beat down. They really dont like to hear you say "no" to anything. You have to "prove your illness" before your comfort or functionality will be considered.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions