I got a new sluice with GH Mats and need advice. - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: I got a new sluice with GH Mats and need advice.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2016
    Tahoe, CA
    Compadre, Gold Racer, White's TRX,Bazooka Gold Trap 24" Sniper,God Hog mats,Grizzly Gold Trap Motherload,MD App,Determination
    277 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nemo View Post
    Yukon mat is being used on the stream sluice low flow mat right after the UR at the head. I know cause I just bought 2 of them.
    I had some Yukon at first. It is something that I see that works. I just dont know if have enough flow to clear it. Talon just filled up. I'm using razorback, the original style. The newer Razorback has a taller riffel and works with faster water. The kind I have seems to exchange well and adds flow interuption. Most of my gold is 50 mesh and smaller. I may try some Yukon again. I've seen how guys are going to that and getting fine gold. Does it clear with low flow?

us
    Mar 2016
    Tahoe, CA
    Compadre, Gold Racer, White's TRX,Bazooka Gold Trap 24" Sniper,God Hog mats,Grizzly Gold Trap Motherload,MD App,Determination
    277 times
    Prospecting
    Hey Capt Nemo,
    I found the section that came with this sluice when I bought it a few years ago! I saved it just in case. Giving it another go! Thanks for mentioning the new thought on Youkon mat. I will see how it works! Heres a photo of it up top after UR....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190428_092144.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	3.79 MB 
ID:	1707392
    Last edited by Tahoegold; Apr 28, 2019 at 12:29 PM.

us
    Mar 2016
    Tahoe, CA
    277 times
    Prospecting
    Just a note,
    The UR in the flair is not secured. The inspection mat is glued down with a "lip" that holds the top down and keeps material flowing up and into the sluice. The Yukon section is not glued or taped either, there's a metal ramp that holds the top of the Yukon and that ramp has inspection mat as well. Therefore, the Yukon AND the UR sections are easily removed while IN STREAM. Any material under the edges I try to snuffer up prior to removal. I can then dip these small sections into a pan and replace, at anytime. I get 80% plus of the captured gold this way. And I can run a couple of buckets, check the gold quantities and never remove the sluice. Any gold falling back in during removal gets caught again anyway. I can tell if I'm on a good streak, what size gold and weather or not I'm diminishing in paydirt. And, keep the sluice in place. I find this a time saver and after checking the entire mat system several times, I'm getting most of my gold in these mini clean-ups. There's a nice way to set up for ya.
    KevinInColorado likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links