Diy dredge sluice how to build one from scratch

goldenshiner

May 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I posted this eff lsewhere but this is clearly the spot to ask these questions.

Anyone have tuturioal or refernce on what size blower to use with what size pipe..my goal is to build an air blower to remove sediment. Not alot,nor very large.most materials smallish and or organic...shallow water..so 4-10 ft..using blower pipe 4ft to at most 6ft deep..and reducing to hopfully 3-4 inch vacume pipe..

If possiblt like to limit my self to 115v blowers.to avoid having ro have massive generators to power dual phase..

My goal is to operate a 4ft to 6ft pipe genrating suction. To move fine sediments out of area in a semi controled method..

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not sure there is a right place for this question. It sounds like you want to build an air dredge. And use it up to six feet underwater. And it should run off of household current. Do I got it so far?

Would you want a machine that blows? Or one that sucks? I'm not sure you made that clear.

Pyrofx

Jan 7, 2016
Needles Ca
Detector(s) used
Goldbug 2 keene a52, GOLD HOG RIVER SLUICE, home built 6 x 60 recirc high banker, Gold cube, Miller table....and a pan or two
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a standard air dredge.
For 15 feet deep you need at least 7.5 psi to make a bubble come out the end of the hose
G

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dang it...probably stay awake all night drawing this one up in my brain. That's if I get over the 110 ac and water mixture thing.......

Pyrofx

Jan 7, 2016
Needles Ca
Detector(s) used
Goldbug 2 keene a52, GOLD HOG RIVER SLUICE, home built 6 x 60 recirc high banker, Gold cube, Miller table....and a pan or two
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just look at Comercial wreck salvage videos and movies. Just takes a huge compressor on land or boat and a long air hose

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Air dredging IS a thing. Never thought of it for mining. There are possibilities.

OP
OP
G

goldenshiner

May 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you..for comments..air dredging with suction at end of vacume hose..no current at water..blower is on land..with only air hose going out to water..very safe with exception of hazzard of being pinned at mouth of dredge..i see all the larger blowers use 2phase if not 3 phase current.is like to limit design to 115v single phase..and perhaps 6ft depth. Also as air delivery hose diameter gets larger the bouancy becomes a problem..as does flexibility. So 1-2 inch diamter air hose.?

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The air dredges that I've seen have been supplied with air from turbine compressors. They require tons of air, and are used to mainly excavate underwater archaeological sites. They are usually designed to move massive mounts of material and debris, not prospect or recover gold. Mixing any alternating current near or on the water could prove lethal... I suggest that this may be hazardous to your existence.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they don't use air under water to blow material?

They use props to push water and create force.

Air at depth with resistance from water just doesn't work that way.

It also is not a 'Dredge"

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread