36" bazooka prospector

tyeechinook

Sep 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been noticing that my concentrates from the bazooka include about half of +8 mesh, and about half -8 with most being +30 mesh, and maybe 15% of total concentrates being -30 mesh. Am I running too fast/slow? I set up so that most rocks flow over the grizzly bars, but I have to take them off a bit too. I kind of expect that with that little amount of fine concentrate, that I must be loosing some fine gold too. When I pan the -30, there's a lot of gold. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Two thoughts:
1. How does this compare to the ratios if you pan?
2. How much -50 in sluice vs pan? -100?

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One way to find out is to capture your tails, screen classify only the minus 30 mesh and pan it down. I suspect that if you are losing fine gold that it will be mostly in the minus 100 range. It has been suggested by some in the past to pre-charge the trap with some larger than grizzly sized stones to improve recovery of 100 mesh and below gold. The voids between the seeded stones is apparently less active and allows the gold to settle and stay. I don't own a real bazooka but my homemade one does not do well with minus 100 either even with the addition of larger stones.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread