Recirculating EZ Sluice

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
The only problem I see is that you need to evenly direct the spray from your spray bar to the sluice. AND cut back on sudsy whatever your using in the tank! other than that you need to be running some material through her!!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its pretty steep

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'd put a damper flap on the bottom half of the flair to even out the water flow. In a tub that big just a few drops of jet dry will do, and maybe raise it closer to the bottom of the sluice.

BMOLLMAN

Greenie
Oct 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Try'n a recirculating EZ-Sluice as well. Still tweaking it. Here's an old pic from last winter.(below)
-#0 Conduit hangers fit over 1/2" PVC pretty well. Slide up an down to exactly where you need it.
-That's just gorilla packing tape across the back of the flair, for a back-stop/crash-box. Had maybe 10-hrs on it before i accidentally ripped it.
Maybe you can get some more ideas.
Regards,
Brett

re-sluice.jpg

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try'n a recirculating EZ-Sluice as well. Still tweaking it. Here's an old pic from last winter.(below)
-#0 Conduit hangers fit over 1/2" PVC pretty well. Slide up an down to exactly where you need it.
-That's just gorilla packing tape across the back of the flair, for a back-stop/crash-box. Had maybe 10-hrs on it before i accidentally ripped it.
Maybe you can get some more ideas.
Regards,
Brett

View attachment 1488218

My wife would assassinate me for doing anything dirt related in the house hehe!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Honey, I think there is a gold nugget on our soap shelf!

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh man I used to live next door to guy that managed a super 8 when I was at school in New Jersey. This guy had to deal with it all. He told me the highlights, a memorable one that wasnt super twisted and disgusting involved a clogged bathtub drain that was full of crack cocaine in little baggies tied together into a little chain with dental floss. A couple years ago I drove through Arkansas with my partner and went quartz crystal mining, the hotel we stayed at had this huge sign on the wall of the lobby concerning washing crystals in the hotel, they weren't too keen on the practice.

OP
OP
A

apynckel

Greenie
Apr 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only problem I see is that you need to evenly direct the spray from your spray bar to the sluice. AND cut back on sudsy whatever your using in the tank! other than that you need to be running some material through her!!

I've refined the spray nozzle a bit and I'll get another video up here soon about it.

So I made a manifold to pump the water to, and CNC'd a 3/16" slit across it. Water coming out is VERY even. Ran some play sand through it, and the sluice caught so much black sand that the cons were like muck.

Now I need to take her into the field.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

apynckel

Greenie
Apr 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What size pump? I have EZ and thought about putting hog mats in it.

It's a walmart 900gph 12v sump pump (with float, which I disabled). I don't think you're going to have much luck getting other mfg's mats to work in the injection molded EZ sluice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread