Tee Dee (EZ) Sluice Manufacturer?

Chris Wanz

Greenie
Mar 16, 2017
Oakdale California
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ATX Gold Detector , GARRETT PRO-POINTER AT, GOLD HOG MULTI SLUICE , GOLD HOG RAPTOR , BARE WETSUIT, TUSA MASK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I apologize if I am overstepping here.. But Does anyone know who manufactured the Tee Dee or Ez sluice? And if so, How to contact them more directly?
Here you go.. There made in Lakeport California. I just took this picture a few weeks ago, I may pick one up for Backpacking.
a4be5e7b3a53935fed28debc6bab8850.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
oidium45

oidium45

Mar 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks man. But a google search seemed to result in nada...
Do they exist as a co? Or just a PO box thing...?

Last edited:

Chris Wanz

Greenie
Mar 16, 2017
Oakdale California
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ATX Gold Detector , GARRETT PRO-POINTER AT, GOLD HOG MULTI SLUICE , GOLD HOG RAPTOR , BARE WETSUIT, TUSA MASK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks man. But a google search seemed to result in nada...
Do they exist as a co? Or just a PO box thing...?
Contact Tee Dee Cacti and Prospecting on EBay. I think he's the one who manufactures them. Good it and the Ebay link to his site should show up. From there you can send him a message into his mail box and ask him if he's the manufacturer.

OP
OP
oidium45

oidium45

Mar 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contact Tee Dee Cacti and Prospecting on EBay. I think he's the one who manufactures them. Good it and the Ebay link to his site should show up. From there you can send him a message into his mail box and ask him if he's the manufacturer.

Worth a shot. Thanks!

Chris Wanz

Greenie
Mar 16, 2017
Oakdale California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worth a shot. Thanks!
You're most welcome. He sells cactuses too, hence the name "Tee Dee Cacti" Good luck!.

OP
OP
oidium45

oidium45

Mar 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're most welcome. He sells cactuses too, hence the name "Tee Dee Cacti" Good luck!.

No response yet but I did end up buying one from a third party seller. The price was about average so no biggie. I did find one post of someone claiming that they thought that "tee dee sluice" had been sold to "Jobe" and an image of a "Jobe ez sluice" but this day that means squat for substantiating rumors.

Chris Wanz

Greenie
Mar 16, 2017
Oakdale California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May I ask what place you ended up buying one from, I'd like to get one too!

OP
OP
oidium45

oidium45

Mar 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May I ask what place you ended up buying one from, I'd like to get one too!

I ended up buying through gold fever prospecting. Most of the places selling this sluice are within a few dollars of each other but when I called 5 different sellers looking for a shipping quite, they were the only ones that answered the phone. Hence, they got my business. They seemed friendly enough and even though they claimed that they only offered shipping through UPS the person on the phone offered at the last minute to double check USPS for pricing and go with the cheaper option. Also, even though I called 30 minutes before they were going home, they said that they would definitely be shipping the item tomorrow which isn't half bad. The sales rep said that they are more than willing to combine shipping for multiple items as well but recommended placing orders for multiple items by phone to ensure the cost was calculated correctly.

Sorry if that was a bit much info. The beers are going down smoothly tonight ;)

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thing looks a little small, speaking of which check out this 3 inch by 12 inch desktop sluice :)
12 incher.jpg

OP
OP
oidium45

oidium45

Mar 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thing looks a little small, speaking of which check out this 3 inch by 12 inch desktop sluice :)
View attachment 1503514

Yes, it is pretty small. Still the biggest sluice Ive owned ;)
I would not want to hike with a 60LB pack and a 6ft sluice on a 12-20 mile round trip hike unless I knew that there was some serious nuggets up there. Speaking of small Prospector70, This is pretty cool.
s-l300.jpg

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I ended up buying through gold fever prospecting. Most of the places selling this sluice are within a few dollars of each other but when I called 5 different sellers looking for a shipping quite, they were the only ones that answered the phone. Hence, they got my business. They seemed friendly enough and even though they claimed that they only offered shipping through UPS the person on the phone offered at the last minute to double check USPS for pricing and go with the cheaper option. Also, even though I called 30 minutes before they were going home, they said that they would definitely be shipping the item tomorrow which isn't half bad. The sales rep said that they are more than willing to combine shipping for multiple items as well but recommended placing orders for multiple items by phone to ensure the cost was calculated correctly.

Sorry if that was a bit much info. The beers are going down smoothly tonight ;)

If the sluice includes the pictured flare, etc. and you got the sales price ($48.95) you got a great deal according to what I have seen.

Good luck with it.

OP
OP
oidium45

oidium45

Mar 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the sluice includes the pictured flare, etc. and you got the sales price ($48.95) you got a great deal according to what I have seen.

Good luck with it.

Thanks, Sadly, the flare was $15 extra. But for $15 I knew that if I did not buy it that I would later regret the decision.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got one of the old TeeDee's, you can't beat it for packing in and sampling a low flow stream. I bought it when they first switched to the plastic.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its the perfect size for classifying and trowel feeding..

You know what most people waste their time doing with A52's also

They are nice usable little sluices. Easy clean out. You can run crevice material with little classification.

OP
OP
oidium45

oidium45

Mar 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its the perfect size for classifying and trowel feeding..

You know what most people waste their time doing with A52's also

They are nice usable little sluices. Easy clean out. You can run crevice material with little classification.

I know it will be dependent upon flow but would you recommend under most circumstances going below 1/2" classification? Say, maybe 1/4"?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nope. That will just slow you down

OP
OP
oidium45

oidium45

Mar 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No response yet but I did end up buying one from a third party seller. The price was about average so no biggie. I did find one post of someone claiming that they thought that "tee dee sluice" had been sold to "Jobe" and an image of a "Jobe ez sluice" but this day that means squat for substantiating rumors.

If anyone was curious...
tmp_28905-20171013_143143594010174.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread