OP
S

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
KinC -
It’s great to have an audience - they can help shovel!
Let us know how everything went including the stand adapter.

Pix!

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
KinC -
It’s great to have an audience - they can help shovel!
Let us know how everything went including the stand adapter.

Pix!

Well, the try out went pretty well! It’s easier to setup than you’d expect with the side plenums [emoji106]🏻

I think should have run it a little steeper so more rocks would clear on their own but it was easy to feed. The deck is plenty big to just shovel onto. Also the deck material is tough stuff, a nice upgrade from the smaller versions. I do wish it had a handle :)

Gold pics tomorrow...

OP
OP
S

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
KinC -
Sounds like the initial test went smoothly - the plenums are quite a bit more powerful since they are longer and taller. Their height also dictates a deeper box which significantly increased trap capacity. You are right about the pitch and clearing rocks - the final version will have slightly higher sides to allow a bit more angle.

And yes the final version will have a handle - feel free to make that mod while your testing. Your experience with the Bazooka will help you determine the best location.

Thanks again for the help. Look forward to the gold pix!

OP
OP
S

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Titan is on its way back to CA - Thank you KinC for some hard shovel testing!
Recovered gold ranged from 50 to 100 minus on his last test.

Kevin had some great feedback and suggested improvements. His biggest concern was the grizzly plate – He saw some fine material go up the edges and suggested adding some openings on each grizzly edge. I completely agree – the edges of the prototype plate were primarily straight metal without holes. Our standard plate already has these openings which should resolve the issue.

I know Bazooka and GGT owners have a preference for the wire grizzly, but let me explain the importance of using this grizzly style in our system. The grizzly with its alternating hole pattern is a water limiter first and a classifier second. As I have explained before, the ability to regulate the amount and speed of water and material across both the width and height of the water column allows the plenum water inputs to slow the material down, causing the heavies to drop. The center partition also creates a material “bounce” that forces even 200 mesh gold to drop.

There was also an issue with one of the plenum joints. I’m sure I can chalk that up to my crappy jig saw cuts on the prototype but I will make sure there are no problems on the final version and will add reinforcement if necessary.

Kevin’s last suggestion was adding a carrying handle - Excellent suggestion.
Adding a handle will certainly help in managing the larger size of the Titan, especially when carrying other things in your hand, such as a bucket or shovel. It will definitely be on the production version.

I will keep everyone updated on the final production start date, but our plan is to have first run done by mid February.

KinC - If you have any pics you can share it would be great! Thanks again for your testing and feedback.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Did he pay a handling fee? [emoji14] Thanks for the update.

I’ll have to take another look at it from a fluid management standpoint.

OP
OP
S

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
golddog - The problem we all face is balancing high volumes of throughput with high rates of fine gold recovery. While not the sole concern, water management is one of the biggest keys for consistent and efficient recovery of fine gold (50 mesh down). The fluid dynamics recovery process (and system) was my methodology for balancing the two needs.

Throughput is about 15% less than the original fluid bed design (I think they used a 30" Prospector against my 24" Expedition, Kevin correct me if I misstated the size) the efficiency of recovery is much higher. Gold recovery between the two sluices was the same even though the fluid bed ran 15% more material. This was one of my Gen 2 boxes that didn't have the partition, which as I stated above increases efficiency because of the material bounce. The FD sluice is now stable at Gen 4.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to your page the other day just because you call yourselves, Snake River Products. Are you guys located close to the Snake River at all?

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to your page the other day just because you call yourselves, Snake River Products. Are you guys located close to the Snake River at all?

I asked the same thing when I bought some product from them.....they are not, but somewhere in Calif (if I remember right?)..............

OP
OP
S

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
RL -

Sorry for not answering in a timely manner - had to finish taxes. All the necessary end of year junk, inventory, etc...

We are based in Washington, although I’m in CA near Sacramento. Our specialty is fine gold recovery in high concentrations of magnetite, hence the name Snake River Products. We did some mining on the Snake in 2016 with amazing results. Very high recovery rates down to 300 mesh.

We also have the fluid dynamics sluices, Pyramid Pro and Maverick pans.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Taxes... Yea... I'm late myself, we moved to the LDMA Blue Bucket Mining Camp in Huntington, OR last month... If you guys are close there's going to be a National GPAA outting here in May, and I was thinking with your company name, that you would fit right in and be able to make some sales. It's from 5/22 to 5/27. Then the following weekend, we're holding the Snake River Invitational, hosted by the Snake River GPAA. It's going to be a multichapter outting from 6/1 - 6/4. Karen and I are the Camp Hosts here now and obviously, you guys came to mind. All that we have left are boondocking sites for the National, but we have power, etc for vendors and places for you to set up your sales tents by our club house.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Reed, my wife and I will be rolling right past the Blue Bucket site with our travel trailer at the end of June. We are not GPAA. Will you still be there then? It would be fun to stop in to meet you in person if so. Also is there an option for us to be able to spend a night there? With or without some gold prospecting.

OP
OP
S

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
RL -
I was at Burnt River last year to teach at the GPAA Boot Camp - had a blast and met some great people!
I’m an LDMA member and have always wanted to go to Blue Bucket but the show circuit was making that difficult.

We’ve cut back on doing shows with the intent of getting together with clubs, etc. I’ll have to check the schedule and see how I can fit a trip in.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reed, my wife and I will be rolling right past the Blue Bucket site with our travel trailer at the end of June. We are not GPAA. Will you still be there then? It would be fun to stop in to meet you in person if so. Also is there an option for us to be able to spend a night there? With or without some gold prospecting.

Come on down Kevin and bring your gear, you can stay here as my guest with hook ups even :) If you know the days, call Karen and make reservations if you want, that way you can reserve a space. Either way, we can get your trailer hooked up but there is no dump station here yet, its a few miles away. We can come up with a 3 day pass for gold mining to make it legal even :)

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RL -
I was at Burnt River last year to teach at the GPAA Boot Camp - had a blast and met some great people!
I’m an LDMA member and have always wanted to go to Blue Bucket but the show circuit was making that difficult.

We’ve cut back on doing shows with the intent of getting together with clubs, etc. I’ll have to check the schedule and see how I can fit a trip in.

Cool! LDMA venders fee's are waived if you donate something to the camp and do a seminar for the outting; that's for if you want a place in vendor row. Or you can vend from your camp site for free and we only going have dry camping spots left, which are $3.00 a night. I think Rick will be here also, it was his Burnt River claims that you were on last year, he gave the classes :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Since that includes Memorial Day weekend I'll have to coordinate with my wife but I'm sure I can make the first few days of the event. Dry camping is fine since I'll have to carry products and setup in my van anyway. A seminar and donation sounds good to me - Just let me know what are some good topics to cover.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since that includes Memorial Day weekend I'll have to coordinate with my wife but I'm sure I can make the first few days of the event. Dry camping is fine since I'll have to carry products and setup in my van anyway. A seminar and donation sounds good to me - Just let me know what are some good topics to cover.

I think the fluid dynamics and operation of your new Recon and Expedition sluice would be a great topic, along with the Prospector Sluice for Beach mining. That way, your pitching, teaching, and selling at the same time. Then anything else that you can give expert advice on. Let me know or call Karen at 541-869-2455, here at the Blue Bucket Mining Camp and we can get you scheduled into the program :)

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Come on down Kevin and bring your gear, you can stay here as my guest with hook ups even :) If you know the days, call Karen and make reservations if you want, that way you can reserve a space. Either way, we can get your trailer hooked up but there is no dump station here yet, its a few miles away. We can come up with a 3 day pass for gold mining to make it legal even :)

Wow, thanks Reed!! We will take you up on that :)

I’ll PM you details.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread