New Fluid Dynamics Sluice from Snake River Products

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We have finalized a new 30” sluice model called the Titan and completed final prototype testing. This sluice features an 8 inch square capture area with a deeper trap and stronger fluidization to accommodate quick and thorough processing of higher volumes of material.

This sluice is designed to run unclassified material, either by direct shoveling or being poured from a bucket. It features a thicker 3/16” material deck, reinforced sub-frame and a stronger .050 aluminum tray cover to withstand the increased impact stress of constant shoveling and elimination of larger material. Of course the sluice to can still process high volumes of classified material.

Here are a few pictures of the new model and a sample of the gold we got during final testing:

SRP_Titan1.JPG
SRP_Titan2.JPG
SRP_Titan3.JPG
SRP_Titan4.JPG

There is also a very brief video on our SRP YouTube channel showing the Titan in action. You have to excuse our crude shoveling techniques since we are not used to processing material this way! It has been a very “enlightening” process for sure.

I have contacted KInC to continue the testing and provide additional feedback since he is familiar with our products. I’m sure he will provide additional information and pictures and his testing progresses.

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I’m excited to be involved in seeing what this can do...looks good!

OP
OP
S

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
JB300 -

The goal of this project was to create a larger, more robust sluice that can easily handle direct shoveling yet is lightweight and manageable to carry. 30" is a good compromise of power and portability. Flare is wide enough for both shoveling and bucketing of unclassified material.

The amazing part is that trap capacity has increased by 52% over the Expedition! Larger capacity means fewer cleanouts and resets, although they still take less than a minute. One of the hardest things for me to get over is that desire to stop shoveling and see the gold...!

Projected retail will be around $185 with a targeted release date in early January - I will be gathering final production costs once testing is complete.

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Now you can see what’s Kevin asked me to do some field testing...my kind of sluice!

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not be rude or anything, how exactly does this fulfill a market demand when it's already being done by another company... I don't want to say "better"... but you are fighting an uphill battle trying to create the same product with a different name. Needs to do something the other doesn't that makes it a more appealing buy.

OP
OP
S

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GC -

First we have been "in the market" for several years now and no we have not created the same product - It is a completely different design that utilizes water velocity and flow to wash incoming material, extracting the heavies and eliminating the lighter waste. The upper half of the trap remains clear to receive the next volume of incoming material - Exchange of material happens extremely fast. This sluice has similar throughput to a FB sluice of similar size but the efficiency is much higher which means increased recovery of super fine gold. We are still in final testing and there may be some final changes but I am very satisfied with what I've seen of the Titan so far. I believe KinC will validate our findings and provide important feedback

People may ask why the change? You've touted the necessity of classification for years. This is true and I still believe fine gold recovery goes up dramatically when you classify (1/4" - 1/2" is my norm based on water conditions). The bottom line is there is a section of the market that doesn't want to classify - If I want to increase the market share of my company then I need to include products that customers demand.

Does one sluice fit all? No. This is why we sell an A52 insert. Miners who already own this product can expand its capabilities without altering their sluice. Bottom line: I believe that SRP needs to provide miners a full range of products that can be used throughout the season. Our goal is also to provide innovative products at affordable prices.

DelNorter - Ford all the way.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I’m a Ford guy too ;)

OP
OP
S

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I wrestled the Titan away from my buddy Shaun - he was having really great results! Time to pack it up and send it off to KinC. I will be also making a stand adapter for Kevin to test.

Hope to ship it out by Monday - stay tuned.

OP
OP
S

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here are a couple photos:
First is the gold Shaun got on the last day with the Titan.

Titan_Gold.JPG

The other is the Titan on our SRP Stand - This also has the adapter I mentioned in my earlier post installed for direct shoveling.

Titan_Stand.JPG

I can also create similar adapters to fit Bazooka, GGT or other sluices, which would eliminate the need for a bungee. If anyone is interested please use the contact page on snakeriverproducts.com to provide me your info, sluice type and model. I'll call you back to finalize.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Shipped the Titan to KinC on Monday - he should get it Monday the 27th.
I’m anxious to see the results!

Thanks again Kevin for volunteering to test - Pix and possibly a short video would be great!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Shipped the Titan to KinC on Monday - he should get it Monday the 27th.
I’m anxious to see the results!

Thanks again Kevin for volunteering to test - Pix and possibly a short video would be great!

Pics and video guaranteed :)

FYI, my mother-in-law took a fall yesterday so we are running over to Salt Lake City a bit quicker than planned. I hope it arrives before we leave (in which case it’ll likely get wet before or during the trip. Even if not I’ll have it in the water ASAP!

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pics and video guaranteed :)

FYI, my mother-in-law took a fall yesterday so we are running over to Salt Lake City a bit quicker than planned. I hope it arrives before we leave (in which case it’ll likely get wet before or during the trip. Even if not I’ll have it in the water ASAP!

Sorry to hear about your mother in-law. I hope she's ok.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
She’ll be ok I’m happy to say. I’m going to be installing grab bars in her bedroom, hallway and bathroom to help her out though. I’m often their handyman so I’m glad that’s all they need :)

OP
OP
S

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Skunked -

All of our fluid dynamic sluices have the plenums on each side - they generate the flow velocity that operates our patented trap.

They are actually very easy to setup in the stream, either by using a few rocks or our sluice stand.

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Titan was waiting for me when I got home. Going to take it out Saturday to get it wet. My Facebook group (Finding Gold In Colorado...of course!) has organized a cleanup and equipment demo day this Saturday so the Titan will have an audience!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread