Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Need GGT Explorer Dimensions

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    759
    1101 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Need GGT Explorer Dimensions

    I need to figure out packing space required for my trip to Alaska. I'll be packing 2 Explorers on the trip. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2017
    Colorado
    88
    272 times
    Prospecting
    Hi Capt, The Explorer is 35.5" long, 10.5" wide at the top of the transport deck, and 6.5" wide at the capture chamber. The 6.5" wide capture holds that width for 10.5" for the capture chamber end - widening out at the grizzlies. Weight is 7.5lbs. Let me know if you need any other info. Best of luck in Alaska!
    KevinInColorado and LeRoux like this.

  3. #3
    us
    www.FindingGOLDinColorado.com

    Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer, Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper highbanker, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluices, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    6,445
    9636 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nemo View Post
    I need to figure out packing space required for my trip to Alaska. I'll be packing 2 Explorers on the trip. Thanks!
    When and where? I will be running around the state of AK next July and August. Love to run into you along the way...preferably with pans in our hands of course!
    utah mason likes this.
    Learn where to dig in Colorado on my website www.findingGOLDinColorado.com

  4. #4
    us
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    759
    1101 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Thanks Kevin! Sounds like they'll stack easily in the deployment box. How tall are they?

    I'll be up in the mountains north/east of Anchorage for July. You'll need a helicopter to go where I'm going. There's some incredible gravel beds on those rivers. They're too hard to get to which keeps most prospectors out, but it's very close to known productive ground. So I'm going to take the chance on going big, and hopefully it pays off. If that's where my friend's brother was, he was hitting 5ozt per hour panning. With my nephew and I each running gold traps, we should be able to multiply that by 20. The big thing is, are we just hitting a pocket, or are we on ground that could support a mine. That will determine if we'll be posting claims or not.

  5. #5
    Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2017
    Colorado
    88
    272 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nemo View Post
    Thanks Kevin! Sounds like they'll stack easily in the deployment box. How tall are they?

    I'll be up in the mountains north/east of Anchorage for July. You'll need a helicopter to go where I'm going. There's some incredible gravel beds on those rivers. They're too hard to get to which keeps most prospectors out, but it's very close to known productive ground. So I'm going to take the chance on going big, and hopefully it pays off. If that's where my friend's brother was, he was hitting 5ozt per hour panning. With my nephew and I each running gold traps, we should be able to multiply that by 20. The big thing is, are we just hitting a pocket, or are we on ground that could support a mine. That will determine if we'll be posting claims or not.
    Capt, The height is 5.5" tall, but keep in mind that the angle of the transport deck is 3.5 degrees different from the capture chamber. Bottom illustration of GGT shows angle change.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Exp_vs_Baz_chamber-slope.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	157.0 KB 
ID:	1533964
    mytimetoshine likes this.

  6. #6
    Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

    Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    1,908
    3541 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Sounds good, but don't forget to take a torch to deal with the permafrost... And plenty of propane...
    https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Max-500G-...=Propane+torch

    The permafrost was the biggest problem when we lived in Alaska... The gold was there but dynamite was just the beginning
    63bkpkr and KevinInColorado like this.

  7. #7
    us
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    759
    1101 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyGoldTrap View Post
    Capt, The height is 5.5" tall, but keep in mind that the angle of the transport deck is 3.5 degrees different from the capture chamber. Bottom illustration of GGT shows angle change.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Exp_vs_Baz_chamber-slope.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	157.0 KB 
ID:	1533964
    I figured 6" with the bend. I'll be ordering when my next check arrives.

  8. #8
    us
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    759
    1101 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed Lukens View Post
    Sounds good, but don't forget to take a torch to deal with the permafrost... And plenty of propane...
    https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Max-500G-...=Propane+torch

    The permafrost was the biggest problem when we lived in Alaska... The gold was there but dynamite was just the beginning
    I don't think we'll be north enough to worry much about that. We'll be northeast of the old Independence Mine. Not sayin which river yet!
    KevinInColorado likes this.

  9. #9
    Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

    Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    1,908
    3541 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I used to love camping up in that area, it's really beautiful

  10. #10
    us
    Prospector

    Apr 2014
    Modesto, CA
    346
    813 times
    Prospecting

    Need GGT Explorer Dimensions

    Yeah nice view

  11. #11
    Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

    Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    1,908
    3541 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    This old beaver dam was just off the road to the old Independence Mine. This was in 86
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180105_200659.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	150.5 KB 
ID:	1534208
    Capt Nemo likes this.

  12. #12
    us
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    759
    1101 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Now there's a spot to try! Stick a hose over the beaver dam and start gravity dredging the material down below. The beaver just gave you free water power. Bet he built his hooch on the best gold!
    Reed Lukens likes this.

  13. #13
    Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

    Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    1,908
    3541 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    We did find wild gold in the area... Don't forget an unbrella

  14. #14
    us
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    759
    1101 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    7mm wetsuit johns and 3mm waist length jackets are planned as workwear. Have to pack some shampoo, or they'll be able to walk away after the first week!

  15. #15
    us
    Husband, father & fun seeker

    Jul 2015
    utah
    531
    920 times
    Prospecting
    Spent a couple of summers backpacking and traveling around when I was in my early 20's, I wasn't into prospecting back then, Wish I had been. Definitely need good rain gear and mosquito protection. Loved everything about it up there with the exception of the state smell, which is mixture of bug repellent and B.O. ; )

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. ctx3030 dimensions with 17" coil
    By MexGT in forum Minelab
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Oct 10, 2016, 09:21 AM
  2. Anyone familiar with this bullet, dimensions?
    By mirage83 in forum What Is It?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Oct 24, 2010, 05:20 PM
  3. DFX Dimensions?
    By ezreddy in forum White's
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Oct 08, 2008, 01:34 PM
  4. Halo Dimensions?
    By Dinkydick in forum Beach and Shallow Water
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Aug 16, 2008, 06:49 AM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0