Need GGT Explorer Dimensions

GrizzlyGoldTrap

Feb 24, 2017
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Capt, The Explorer is 35.5" long, 10.5" wide at the top of the transport deck, and 6.5" wide at the capture chamber. The 6.5" wide capture holds that width for 10.5" for the capture chamber end - widening out at the grizzlies. Weight is 7.5lbs. Let me know if you need any other info. Best of luck in Alaska!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I need to figure out packing space required for my trip to Alaska. I'll be packing 2 Explorers on the trip. Thanks!

When and where? I will be running around the state of AK next July and August. Love to run into you along the way...preferably with pans in our hands of course!

OP
OP
Capt Nemo

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Kevin! Sounds like they'll stack easily in the deployment box. How tall are they?

I'll be up in the mountains north/east of Anchorage for July. You'll need a helicopter to go where I'm going. There's some incredible gravel beds on those rivers. They're too hard to get to which keeps most prospectors out, but it's very close to known productive ground. So I'm going to take the chance on going big, and hopefully it pays off. If that's where my friend's brother was, he was hitting 5ozt per hour panning. With my nephew and I each running gold traps, we should be able to multiply that by 20. The big thing is, are we just hitting a pocket, or are we on ground that could support a mine. That will determine if we'll be posting claims or not.

GrizzlyGoldTrap

Feb 24, 2017
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Kevin! Sounds like they'll stack easily in the deployment box. How tall are they?

I'll be up in the mountains north/east of Anchorage for July. You'll need a helicopter to go where I'm going. There's some incredible gravel beds on those rivers. They're too hard to get to which keeps most prospectors out, but it's very close to known productive ground. So I'm going to take the chance on going big, and hopefully it pays off. If that's where my friend's brother was, he was hitting 5ozt per hour panning. With my nephew and I each running gold traps, we should be able to multiply that by 20. The big thing is, are we just hitting a pocket, or are we on ground that could support a mine. That will determine if we'll be posting claims or not.

Capt, The height is 5.5" tall, but keep in mind that the angle of the transport deck is 3.5 degrees different from the capture chamber. Bottom illustration of GGT shows angle change.
Exp_vs_Baz_chamber-slope.jpg

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Capt Nemo

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Capt Nemo

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now there's a spot to try! Stick a hose over the beaver dam and start gravity dredging the material down below. The beaver just gave you free water power. Bet he built his hooch on the best gold!

OP
OP
Capt Nemo

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
7mm wetsuit johns and 3mm waist length jackets are planned as workwear. Have to pack some shampoo, or they'll be able to walk away after the first week!

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Spent a couple of summers backpacking and traveling around when I was in my early 20's, I wasn't into prospecting back then, Wish I had been. Definitely need good rain gear and mosquito protection. Loved everything about it up there with the exception of the state smell, which is mixture of bug repellent and B.O. ; )

jsurddy

Feb 12, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent a couple of summers backpacking and traveling around when I was in my early 20's, I wasn't into prospecting back then, Wish I had been. Definitely need good rain gear and mosquito protection. Loved everything about it up there with the exception of the state smell, which is mixture of bug repellent and B.O. ; )

A couple new additions that those smells are mosquito coils and thermacells.

jsurddy

Feb 12, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think we'll be north enough to worry much about that. We'll be northeast of the old Independence Mine. Not sayin which river yet!

I think i figured out where you’re going. IMG_7339.JPG

Independence mine is very lower left, so you’ll be precisely somewhere in the remainder of that picture... which is about 40-50 percent of the entire state of AK. Hope i’m not giving too much away!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread