Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Grizzly gold trap explorer

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Husband, father & fun seeker

    Jul 2015
    utah
    533
    926 times
    Prospecting

    Grizzly gold trap explorer

    Been running the Grizzly gold trap a few times this winter and really loving it! Here's a video of my last trip.

  2. #2
    us
    Aug 2015
    Montana
    etrac, GM 1000, GPX 5000
    141
    410 times
    Metal Detecting
    Thanx for the vid! Only had my Motherlode out twice and had a hell of a time getting it set up so I've kinda forgot about it. The trap also seemed to fill almost instantly which caused me concerns? Your vid inspires me to take it out next trip and see if I can't get better results than my first attempts..........
    utah mason likes this.

  3. #3
    us
    www.FindingGOLDinColorado.com

    Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer, Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper highbanker, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluices, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    6,569
    9978 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by oneguy View Post
    Thanx for the vid! Only had my Motherlode out twice and had a hell of a time getting it set up so I've kinda forgot about it. The trap also seemed to fill almost instantly which caused me concerns? Your vid inspires me to take it out next trip and see if I can't get better results than my first attempts..........
    The trap on any fluidbed is supposed to fill up
    Immediately. You should be worried if it DOESNíT!!
    Learn where to dig in Colorado on my website www.findingGOLDinColorado.com

  4. #4
    us
    Husband, father & fun seeker

    Jul 2015
    utah
    533
    926 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by oneguy View Post
    Thanx for the vid! Only had my Motherlode out twice and had a hell of a time getting it set up so I've kinda forgot about it. The trap also seemed to fill almost instantly which caused me concerns? Your vid inspires me to take it out next trip and see if I can't get better results than my first attempts..........
    When you say fill up, is the trap have material just filling the trap? Or is it backing up past the Grizzly bars? If it's backing up, then yes it's not functioning properly. If the trap is just full of material it's probably working correctly. Like kevin said if there's not much material in the trap it's probably scrubbing out.

  5. #5
    us
    Aug 2015
    Montana
    etrac, GM 1000, GPX 5000
    141
    410 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by utah mason View Post
    When you say fill up, is the trap have material just filling the trap? Or is it backing up past the Grizzly bars? If it's backing up, then yes it's not functioning properly. If the trap is just full of material it's probably working correctly. Like kevin said if there's not much material in the trap it's probably scrubbing out.
    Thanks guys for clearing that up!!! I had everything working good as far as the deck being fairly clean and moving rocks over the grizzlies with the occasional grizzly shovel scrape to clear bigger rocks. I guess I didn't expect the trap to fill up so fast and after seeing the low amount of black sands for the amount of dirt I moved after cleanout?....I started to think the trap wasn't exchanging and maybe blowing out the smaller stuff right over the top of the trap? Material in trap got to within about 1/2" below exit opening. I was in a new spot on a very crappy creek that has little gold but usually I get black sand in fair amounts.

    Weather warmed up here so I've been able to get out a few times this year....BUT with the warmer weather the river is ripping and higher so it kinda ran me off, for now. Got cold again so when things calm down then warm up again I'll return to claim (where I know the gold) on the snow machine with ONLY the GGT. That way I'll have to make it work! I'll get that back on the claim and I'll know exactly what kind of gold I should get.

    Thanks again for the all the info because I really thought the trap filling so fast was actually a problem........(rookie learns some more!)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA290004.JPG 
Views:	206 
Size:	451.5 KB 
ID:	1549237
    Last edited by oneguy; Feb 11, 2018 at 12:12 PM.

  6. #6
    us
    Husband, father & fun seeker

    Jul 2015
    utah
    533
    926 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by oneguy View Post
    Thanks guys for clearing that up!!! I had everything working good as far as the deck being fairly clean and moving rocks over the grizzlies with the occasional grizzly shovel scrape to clear bigger rocks. I guess I didn't expect the trap to fill up so fast and after seeing the low amount of black sands for the amount of dirt I moved after cleanout?....I started to think the trap wasn't exchanging and maybe blowing out the smaller stuff right over the top of the trap? Material in trap got to within about 1/2" below exit opening. I was in a new spot on a very crappy creek that has little gold but usually I get black sand in fair amounts.

    Weather warmed up here so I've been able to get out a few times this year....BUT with the warmer weather the river is ripping and higher so it kinda ran me off, for now. Got cold again so when things calm down then warm up again I'll return to claim (where I know the gold) on the snow machine with ONLY the GGT. That way I'll have to make it work! I'll get that back on the claim and I'll know exactly what kind of gold I should get.

    Thanks again for the all the info because I really thought the trap filling so fast was actually a problem........(rookie learns some more!)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA290004.JPG 
Views:	206 
Size:	451.5 KB 
ID:	1549237
    I like the picture! Nice leg setup, the flow looks really good.
    KevinInColorado likes this.

  7. #7
    us
    Aug 2015
    Montana
    etrac, GM 1000, GPX 5000
    141
    410 times
    Metal Detecting
    do you guys have any guidelines or set rules for when you do a cleanout? I bought the Motherlode basically for the larger trap thinking less cleanouts? Keep in mind I'm old and tired and can't move much dirt anyways and for not much more than 5 hrs/day (with breaks....lmao!).....

    TIA............

  8. #8
    us
    Husband, father & fun seeker

    Jul 2015
    utah
    533
    926 times
    Prospecting
    It really depends on the material. If there's heavy black sands I clean out about every 1- 1 1/2 hours. Otherwise I will runs several hours, but sometimes it's nice to take a short break and see what's in there.

  9. #9
    us
    www.FindingGOLDinColorado.com

    Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer, Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper highbanker, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluices, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    6,569
    9978 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by utah mason View Post
    It really depends on the material. If there's heavy black sands I clean out about every 1- 1 1/2 hours. Otherwise I will runs several hours, but sometimes it's nice to take a short break and see what's in there.
    Same here. Truth is, you could run a motherlode all day but my curiosity gets the better of me!
    arizau, oneguy, utah mason and 2 others like this.
    Learn where to dig in Colorado on my website www.findingGOLDinColorado.com

  10. #10
    us
    Aug 2015
    Montana
    etrac, GM 1000, GPX 5000
    141
    410 times
    Metal Detecting
    lol....yeah curiosity also gets me. Good to hear tho that I can run all day if I chose to? Old tired and wore out and only good for approx. 4 hrs on the smart end of the #2.........

    Thanx guys.... I'll report results when weather permits a return to claim....back to single digits now so river will settled down after the recent warm up/melt so as soon as we hit a 35 degree day I'll be on it!!!!! Made a few trips up there this yr and this is the stuff I'm getting.....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	goldie2.JPG 
Views:	194 
Size:	182.2 KB 
ID:	1549777

  11. #11
    us
    Apr 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
    1,074
    1282 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by oneguy View Post
    lol....yeah curiosity also gets me. Good to hear tho that I can run all day if I chose to? Old tired and wore out and only good for approx. 4 hrs on the smart end of the #2.........

    Thanx guys.... I'll report results when weather permits a return to claim....back to single digits now so river will settled down after the recent warm up/melt so as soon as we hit a 35 degree day I'll be on it!!!!! Made a few trips up there this yr and this is the stuff I'm getting.....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	goldie2.JPG 
Views:	194 
Size:	182.2 KB 
ID:	1549777

    Beautiful stuff you are getting!!
    wildminer and russau like this.

  12. #12
    pr
    Aug 2013
    Puerto Rico
    Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
    550
    566 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Grizzly gold trap explorer

    Hey folks! Itís been like a couple of months since my last post! Well I was about to purchase a GGT explorer model but found a used Bazooka GT Prospector model for a good price. So, I was looking around on the web and here but did not find anything. I was wondering whats a good or recomended feed rate on a Bazooka Prospector? I know it all depends on waterflow, but could you just pour the material straight from the bucket? How many shovels per lets say, every 10 seconds? Less? More? Could someone give me some pointers?

  13. #13
    us
    www.FindingGOLDinColorado.com

    Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer, Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper highbanker, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluices, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    6,569
    9978 times
    Prospecting
    A steady pace feeding directly with a #2 shovel is fine. From a 5 gallon bucket? You only need 60 seconds to run a whole bucket thru so donít use one of those little garden trowels, just rest the bucket on its side and paw the dirt in!
    Learn where to dig in Colorado on my website www.findingGOLDinColorado.com

  14. #14

    Jun 2018
    Meridian, Idaho
    Fisher GB-2, White's MXT, Garrett AT-Max.
    15
    15 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Howdy all...

    I’ve not seen much discussion about the GGT's for awhile as far as sales, availability etc. I’m curious if anyone knows if he's actually still in business?

    I was interested in buying the Explorer fluid bed. Although the web site still comes up and gives the impression that he's still in operation, it shows 'out of stock' on all but the Mother-Load and has shown that for some time.

    I sent an email awhile back asking if he's still in business etc. but have recv'd. no response of any kind. I'd be fine with buying the Mother-Load if it is actually in stock as the site shows but after getting no response to my email and also reading of past problems others have had, I'm hesitant to send any $$!

    Has he faded away or still making these things?

    Thanks… DW
    mytimetoshine likes this.

  15. #15
    us
    Raphael

    Dec 2013
    Westfield,Ma
    Garret super sluice pan,Modified Royal folding sluice w/ Goldhog mats Grizzly Gold Trap Explorer Sluice
    130
    232 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by DW in ID View Post
    Howdy all...

    I’ve not seen much discussion about the GGT's for awhile as far as sales, availability etc. I’m curious if anyone knows if he's actually still in business?

    I was interested in buying the Explorer fluid bed. Although the web site still comes up and gives the impression that he's still in operation, it shows 'out of stock' on all but the Mother-Load and has shown that for some time.

    I sent an email awhile back asking if he's still in business etc. but have recv'd. no response of any kind. I'd be fine with buying the Mother-Load if it is actually in stock as the site shows but after getting no response to my email and also reading of past problems others have had, I'm hesitant to send any $$!

    Has he faded away or still making these things?

    Thanks… DW
    Hi DW,
    I had the same problem when i sent E-mails to that company. No response what so ever.
    That was back in February or March.
    But i figured Credit Cards will cover it ,if the company would be fraudulent.
    Don't send cash!!!
    So i ordered the Explorer and it arrived at my house about 2 weeks later. Just use your credit card and you should be safe to go. I hope this helped. Happy sluicing.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Grizzly Gold Trap Nugget Model
    By mytimetoshine in forum Gold Prospecting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Mar 12, 2018, 09:59 AM
  2. Grizzly Gold Trap
    By RattlingDan in forum Gold Prospecting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Aug 14, 2017, 04:37 AM
  3. Grizzly Gold Trap
    By RattlingDan in forum Gold Prospecting
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Aug 08, 2017, 11:52 AM
  4. The Grizzly Sluice III vs The Bazooka Gold Trap
    By TunnelRat in forum Gold Prospecting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Apr 29, 2015, 08:45 AM
  5. Bazooka Gold Trap vs Grizzly Sluice III
    By TunnelRat in forum Sluicing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Mar 28, 2014, 01:22 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0