Texas
Primary Interest:
Other

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Run, don't walk, away from that nonsense!
$200 or so can get you a full draining cone bottom tank and
stand that will out perform that thing![/QUOTE]

The man's talking about a Gold Well SLUICE..what has that got
to do with a "full draining cone bottom tank and stand"???

And yeah, they're expensive but they ain't $2500, as far as I know.

Last edited by a moderator:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
The man's talking about a Gold Well SLUICE..what has that got
to do with a "full draining cone bottom tank and stand"???

And yeah, they're expensive but they ain't $2500, as far as I know.

A vortex in a full draining cone bottom tank separates by specific gravity so the gold no matter how small winds up at the bottom of the cone where you open the valve and the gold drains out. With a small say 15 gallon tank you can get the gold from a 5 gallon bucket of black sands in minutes.

This video shows what happens In a vortex. At about 5:30 You will hear him say that the gold will be dead center on the bottom. In a cone tank it's real easy to open the valve and drain out your gold!

https://youtu.be/d6Tcq6cALlM?t=3m53s

The 12" gold well vortex sluice is $2,497.00. Their About Us page says they are in production. In other words available. Made to order.
https://d3goldmining.com

There is another company in Canada who also sells vortex sluice's and vortex mats for sluices and gold cubes made from rubber for a whole lot less. I can't post a link due to their SSL certificate. There is something wrong with their SSL so your browser will warn you. Google Devin Gold Exploration if you want to check them out!

This is what it says about their gold cube vortex mats.

Gold Cube Mats

These mats were specifically designed for use in the Gold Cube. These mats can be either glued in like the original mats or clamped in along the top edge (clamp kits coming soon). We sent these mats to be independently tested by experienced gold cube users and here is a response. As for recovery It is amazing! We had gold in our cleanups so small i would guess it is in the 300 to 500 mesh range. I have never seen this befor, and not just a little bit but a lot, about half our gold was in this range. Makes me think about all the gold we have dumped right back into tge rivers along the way... I did meticulously pan a run of cons and with the two mats I had and a original cube mat the losses were under 1 percent even with all that micro gold.

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 677
  • Screenshot_20180622-010610.jpg
    Screenshot_20180622-010610.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the sidewinder sluice..Bwahahahahah

'the best sluice box int the world"

thats pretty funny.

Cone tanks lol.

I think there needs to be a fantasy gold tool sub forum... right there next to the LRL forum.

Just dripping with Vaseline ….. or the winter formula Vicks Vapo Rub

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other

thats pretty funny.

Cone tanks lol.

I think there needs to be a fantasy gold tool sub forum... right there next to the LRL forum.

The video was by the people who made the sidewinder sluice and clearly shows how a vortex separates by specific gravity and deposits any gold dead center on the bottom. In a cone tank that would be at the bottom of the cone where you put a valve to drain the gold. Its not a much different than a hydrocyclone. The link and the Canadian site are the gold well sluice.

I'm sure that you know about fantasy you post plenty of it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
The video was by the people who made the sidewinder sluice and clearly shows how a vortex separates by specific gravity and deposits any gold dead center on the bottom. In a cone tank that would be at the bottom of the cone where you put a valve to drain the gold. Its not a much different than a hydrocyclone. The link and the Canadian site are the gold well sluice.

I'm sure that you know about fantasy you post plenty of it!

For an angry person who seems to make it a personal mission to parse phrases into "GOTCHA!" moments, you should recognize how much you fail at it.

You equate the Gold Well sluice with the same capacity as a cone bottom tank and by that assertion state that a cone bottom tank can do a bucket of black sands in 15 minutes. Here's a hint, you made yourself look like a fool.

The 12" Gold Well can do up to 9 YARDS PER HOUR of raw placer material. There is no similar cone bottom tank with the same functionality that can be transported as the Gold Well can, for the price point you provided. You just wanted to be obtuse and in essence wanted to show how a mule is the same as a quarter horse because they both beasts of burden. You failed.

Second, you directly infer the functionality of the Gold Well design is actually fantastic because you wholeheartedly endorse a copycat knock-off mat based on the same principle for the Gold Cube. You state it works down to 500 mesh as per your own words.

Then you mention the Canadian company who makes a similarly designed larger mats, up to 12". Yeah, those 12" mats are $360 apiece and only 36" long. $720 for the same capacity as the Gold Well, but not remotely the same longevity as the Gold Well is CNC machined. Of course you still need a highbanker system to use those mats.

Right now, you're only coming across as a sad and angry person. Work on that and your contributions to the forum will be more valuable.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Understand, this person... has been banned multiple times... and some of us have also been banned multiple times questioning the "fish oil" theory. "she" IP logging...ongoing... research has proven that this is SEPA. Hmm. Look it up. Constant disrespect aimed at prospectors/miners that are actually proven. Child like posts... baiting members with the "fish oil and grease table BS"
never proof, just tactics to inflame.
Pics? nope.
Ignore.
Block.

Great people are baited/harassed conned.. and then banned as T-net members can NOT call some one a lier....so she/he/it will continue to cause problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
For an angry person who seems to make it a personal mission to parse phrases into "GOTCHA!" moments, you should recognize how much you fail at it.

You equate the Gold Well sluice with the same capacity as a cone bottom tank and by that assertion state that a cone bottom tank can do a bucket of black sands in 15 minutes. Here's a hint, you made yourself look like a fool.

The 12" Gold Well can do up to 9 YARDS PER HOUR of raw placer material. There is no similar cone bottom tank with the same functionality that can be transported as the Gold Well can, for the price point you provided. You just wanted to be obtuse and in essence wanted to show how a mule is the same as a quarter horse because they both beasts of burden. You failed.

Second, you directly infer the functionality of the Gold Well design is actually fantastic because you wholeheartedly endorse a copycat knock-off mat based on the same principle for the Gold Cube. You state it works down to 500 mesh as per your own words.

Then you mention the Canadian company who makes a similarly designed larger mats, up to 12". Yeah, those 12" mats are $360 apiece and only 36" long. $720 for the same capacity as the Gold Well, but not remotely the same longevity as the Gold Well is CNC machined. Of course you still need a highbanker system to use those mats.

Right now, you're only coming across as a sad and angry person. Work on that and your contributions to the forum will be more valuable.

How much I fail? I am talking about 5 gallons of black sand tailings or cons in a small tank.

9 yards an hour? How many yards an hour can you shovel?

Cone bottom tanks come in larger, much larger sizes than 15 gallons. We occasionally use a bore hole dredge or dredge or classify into large tanks.

No I didn't state that it captures down to 500 mesh. They were not my words. Go back and read it again!

Proven? We actually mine for a living we are not recreational.

Me sad and angry for quoting what you posted on another thread? Ok?

Last edited:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Understand, this person... has been banned multiple times... and some of us have also been banned multiple times questioning the "fish oil" theory. "she" IP logging...ongoing... research has proven that this is SEPA. Hmm. Look it up. Constant disrespect aimed at prospectors/miners that are actually proven. Child like posts... baiting members with the "fish oil and grease table BS"
Pics? nope.
Ignore.
Block.

Great people are baited/harassed conned.. and then banned as T-net members can NOT call some one a lier....so she/he/it will continue to cause problems. Start (REMOVED)

You guys are unreal? What's with you and others with this sepa thing? What is it?

Never proof? I've posed pics of ultra fine gold captured by crisco in a pan of black sands. I've also said so many times that anyone could easily just try it themself but as the saying goes about leading horses to water.

Btw another member here tryed using grease on a table and posted about it. He did it but not the way it is supposed to be done. Way too much grease. The grease wasnt a very thin even layer. Wrong angle ect. He posted that it works better than a miller table. It captured gold that got past a miller table. His main complaint was that he had globs of grease that he could not dissolve. A proper coating is easily emulsified with hot water and a few drops of dish soap that is poured thru filters to get the gold. Coffee filters for recreational amounts.

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop the arguing and sniping .No reason everyone can't be civil.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Pics? nope.
Ignore.
Block.

Great people are baited/harassed conned.. and then banned as T-net members can NOT call some one a lier....so she/he/it will continue to cause problems.

Below is a screenshot from the grease table experiment thread started by another member.

Instead of using a thin even coat of crisco or lard he used a thick uneven coat of Vaseline. Both crisco and lard have a low melting point. Heat it till liquid and brush a very thin coat then wait until it cools and gets solid again.

Luan plywood works better than anything made of a plastic.

If there is a sulfide or manganese coating on the gold it won't stick! Rinsing with Peroxide or oxyclean or sodium percarbonate will remove the sulfide or manganese from the gold.

The water has to be cold and run slow and evenly over the table. A longer, thinner table is better and easier.

Vibration is helpful and better but it works ok without it.

In the thread a couple said that grease floats but that is incorrect synthetic grease doesn't float. It was also stated that sulfide stick to the grease. That is also incorrect and typical for the poster to post incorrect info.

It captures so small that you need magnification to see it. To get the gold use hot water and a few drops of dish soap and pour it thru a filter. Then torch or furnace it into a gold button or you can lose the really small invisible stuff.

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180624-105311.jpg
    Screenshot_20180624-105311.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other

thats pretty funny.

Cone tanks lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180624-172157.jpg
    Screenshot_20180624-172157.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 127

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20180624-172157 (1).jpg

Hey I recognize that post as one of mine And I stand behind it 100% :icon_thumleft:

I also have experimented with the bucket vortex method utilizing a 2" end cap off a mailing tube inserted into a 2" hole centered into the bottom of a 5 gal bucket.
Create a vortex by spinning the material in the bucket and then after it settles reach down and remove the cap from the bottom and it will contain all the gold.

Before you remove the cap insert the bucket into another bucket to catch all the material that didn't stay in the cap. Pan that material and you will see that all the gold was captured in the cap.

Folks who doubt that these methods will recover gold have obviously never tried them.

*I'm not saying that these methods are superior to other methods just that they do work contrary to what some naysayers may believe.

Go for the Gold
GG~

Last edited:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm glad that you posted and yes it is your post! I thought that you may be harassed so I posted it anonymously.

GG it was the 2 bucket method with the test cap that we saw on YouTube that got us thinking of how we can do it with quantities of paydirt. It worked so well in the bucket but we wanted to automate it. In came a cone bottom tank, some bullhead fittings, hoses ECT! It works great!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad that you posted and yes it is your post! I thought that you may be harassed so I posted it anonymously.

GG it was the 2 bucket method with the test cap that we saw on YouTube that got us thinking of how we can do it with quantities of paydirt. It worked so well in the bucket but we wanted to automate it. In came a cone bottom tank, some bullhead fittings, hoses ECT! It works great!

I don't worry about harassment, I just consider the source and decide whether or not to respond, accordingly. LOL
The cone method makes perfect sense to me as it's hard to dispute the laws of specific gravity combined with hydraulics (fluid mechanics).
IE; Knudson centrifugal concentrator, Blue bowl, etc.

In addition, there is no doubt in my mind that the gold well sluice will capture gold as advertised.
However, for the money it's not something that I would personally invest in no matter how well it's constructed. To each his own.

GG~

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1604974

Hey I recognize that post as one of mine And I stand behind it 100% :icon_thumleft:

I also have experimented with the bucket vortex method utilizing a 2" end cap off a mailing tube inserted into a 2" hole centered into the bottom of a 5 gal bucket.
Create a vortex by spinning the material in the bucket and then after it settles reach down and remove the cap from the bottom and it will contain all the gold.

Before you remove the cap insert the bucket into another bucket to catch all the material that didn't stay in the cap. Pan that material and you will see that all the gold was captured in the cap.

Folks who doubt these methods have obviously never tried them.

I'm not saying that these methods are superior to other methods just that they do work contrary to what some naysayers may believe.

Go for the Gold
GG~
never said "it doesn't work"

just that its impractical. Not a productive improvement by any stretch.

heres a thread where you do a good job explaining why grease tables aren't practical for productive fine gold recovery...

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/dredging-hi-banking/383540-sluice-box-setup-gold-diamonds.html

a quote from Goodyguy... one of the same things I mentioned "*NOTE The gold needs to be recovered from your concentrates first before running your material on a grease table!!!
(Any oil in the water will cause fine gold to float)"

I also stand by what I said before .. No one is out there collecting large amounts of gold with sheets covered in fish oil soaking in ponds or hanging in the river.

Last I checked we have moderators that are supposed to decide who is harrassing who..

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
never said "it doesn't work"

just that its impractical. Not a productive improvement by any stretch.

heres a thread where you do a good job explaining why grease tables aren't practical for productive fine gold recovery...

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/dredging-hi-banking/383540-sluice-box-setup-gold-diamonds.html

a quote from Goodyguy... one of the same things I mentioned "*NOTE The gold needs to be recovered from your concentrates first before running your material on a grease table!!!
(Any oil in the water will cause fine gold to float)"

I also stand by what I said before .. No one is out there collecting large amounts of gold with sheets covered in fish oil soaking in ponds or hanging in the river.

Last I checked we have moderators that are supposed to decide who is harrassing who..

No you didn't say that it doesn't work you said the methods should be in a "Fantasy" sub forum. "FANTASY" is defined as IMPOSSIBLE as shown in the pic below.

Neither grease tables or Cone bottom tanks are impractical. A cone bottom tank captures much more fine gold than any sluice. Its actually smeltable right out of the tank! Then whatever is left in the tank is saved and later run over a grease table to quickly recover whatever may be left in the tank tailings.(what is first drained is smeltable the tank valve is shut when the gold draining out is no longer visible)

I really can't speak for GG but his post that you linked to was in 2013. The screenshot of his post that I posted was in 2015 after he was shown that it works by a professional.

GG's post that you linked to says that he was trying different mixtures of grease and OIL. You previously incorrectly said that grease floats now you are talking about oil. Why would you use oil on a grease table When you are going after gold? :dontknow:

As I've posted numerous times we do collect sizeable amounts of gold with sheets of burlap and OIL suspended in tailing ponds. Are you saying that I'm a liar?

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180624-204053.jpg
    Screenshot_20180624-204053.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Saltwater.
You gonna run placer or hardrock With that sluice.
If yu dont mind me askin.
Gt....

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
grease floats

How do grease traps & Interceptors work

wax floats

Why.. Lighter than water. Anything oil based is lighter than water. basic stuff really.

Gold in water is being separated from other materials based on specific gravity.

So, uh yea lets just decrease its specific gravity..

Oh, wait they already do that in flotation cells. for really fine gold. because they can't separate it with gravity.

I have yet to see a "grease table operation" that is being shown as more than an experiment. In regards recovering gold from heavy sands.

that is in anyway faster or more efficient than the methods usedin the industry or by small time guys.

Not on you tube TNET or any other forum

Just talk no show.

I guess reading about experiments is cool and interesting. But nothing talked about in these threads is in common use for gold recovery of placer gold.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Specific gravity is measured at specific temperatures. If you melt/liquify crisco it will float. I have said numerous times to use cold water. Not to mention a thin very thin layer is used on material that it sticks to. It doesn't float! Gold sticks to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread