GGT ordered 7/4/18

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a prospector model I’ll sell you. I can’t ship it until the third week of next month. What’s a fair price? I also have a Sniper model if you’d prefer.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I sold my 36" Prospector for $150 (which included the $25 to shipping)

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GGT is currently down till hopefully Sep 3. They had their thermoforming mold crack, and the machinist is behind schedule for getting a new one made.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry to hear that. Their products ARE better than the Bazooka line - that’s why I’m happy to sell my Bazookas!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My GGT has fallen apart. the glue has cracked, chipped and de laminating at the joints. Fine gold gets caught in the holes and separations.

Two of three tubes are loose and coming out.

After less than six times in the field it has been rendered un usable.

Bazooka fell apart as a company. However that can not be said for the boxes.

Any bazooka still available sells for a premium over original price. Unless the seller is desperate.

They are much stronger, The claim of them recovering gold "better " is un-proven end user opinion. Colored by association and brand loyalty vs. actual results.

I would prefer a stronger box over a "new improved" one that I can not use any more as intended.

Oh well,

I will be gutting it and using it as a feed box just for the grizzly. On a small power sluice set up. Feeding the under sized to a regular sluice run.

For the money at this point a used bazooka or a Croc Gold Trap is looking like the better option. For a stream powered sluice.

For me after all the use I got out of my Prospector, a drop riffle or modified (or not) Keene, Proline, or Gold Hog is still the more versatile choice. with more than acceptable (equal) recovery.

I realize not every one has gotten one that is such a lemon, though I suspect I'm not the only one. Any one with an early production box may want to keep their eyes on the glue joints especially the tubes in the trap.

GrizzlyGoldTrap

Feb 24, 2017
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Goldwasher, as we discussed, the early prototype unit we sent you (at no charge) had some bonding issues we corrected in production. We appreciate you feedback and comments.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should have mentioned that I did contact you on July 21st to inform you of the issues.

Yes,it was a free box.. though I did not know it was a "prototype" I figured if anything it was a No. 2 box since it wasn't assembled correctly and had bubbly glue. I figured it would still work.

I still believe in the box and do like the "additions" and "tweaks" mainly the extra tube and trap size per box.

Even though we spoke on the phone before you got going, all I did was give my opinion that you could make them and not need to "take over" as a Bazooka.

I know you would have done what you did without my ideas of what a Bazooka would get from certain improvements.

I appreciate the box at no charge...however I never felt entitled or deserving of it.

My comments here are based on what has happened with the one I got.

Considering the title of this thread and some of the comments made , I chimed in.

I stand by what I said and if anyone reading has paid attention to other comments on other sluice threads they will have caught on to my opinions on sluices.

Basically they all work just fine. With the dirt dug and the user having the greatest affect on recovery. way more than the box.

A self classify in sluice is a great idea. They do help throughput and can increase the material ran. IN THE RIGHT CONDITIONS.

Sure setting up in a stream with good flow and shoveling looser gravels it runs great. Bringing buckets of material not too far they also work great.

Start to have flow issues and it slows way down.

A sluice box that needs less water than that to run is more versatile... And in the same proper conditions for a fluid bed any other sluice will keep up relatively well with unclassified material to a certain point. A Bazooka , GGT or Cal sluice will run more material and you will get more gold if there is more gold to get. IN THE RIGHT CONDITIONS.

I have not seen anything ever that shows a major improvement with fine recovery.

In fact I still believe you get better fine recovery with low profile rifles over moss. Or with Gold Hog. Even running those type sluices in a way that would give the average GPAA member the vapors if they watched me sluice without classifying and spoon feeding.

Complaining about clean outs taking too long has always been a silly complaint to me. Moving parts etc.

I have seen a Super Mini Bazooka spit out gold that would have never made it through a regular stream sluice..

This is what it comes down too. Have a box available. That works well. Doesn't break and can be in the customers hands within days of ordering and you'll be just fine.

Price point under $200 bucks and you'll be doing pretty well. I don't know how many people are involved but, more than four people from cut too glue is too many.

When I had all the parts needed I could build twenty a day at a steady pace. That was considering I had to hand fit EVERY part to EVERY box we were not using a CNC.

If Todd would have kept just the original three models. The company would most likely still be in Biz.

I see Todd several times a week. He has seen the GGT and is impressed with it and is not butthurt it is being made. The main comments between us and the locals I've shown it too is that it could be made better and needs a little more QC.

I figure if anything that is why it ended up in my hands. So, I could do the same thing we did with Bazookas. Impress other users in real time, in the field.

It's a hard thing to do when it stops working in the field with minimal use. I believed you when you said you would have one out to me in a few weeks (more than a month ago)

I know you have your regular work. I don't know your production staff structure. But, you need someone in the lead everyday on whoever is making your parts, maintaining your molds and someone needs to be looking over every box before it ever gets wrapped up.

The thing is I think you probably have those things in place.

The moment I opened the one you sent me I knew it wasn't one you would send to a regular "customer"

I also believe that has negated my ability to receive good " customer service "

I don't hold it against you personally. I understand how low the margin is. Like I said I never expected or asked to get one for free.

The best thing for a widget.. is for the Wigeteer to also be a Widgetor. First and foremost keep the Widgetee's happy. Especially the ones who widgetate often.

I have use for the "prototype" (smh) you sent me.

I will not have use for a replacement.

I do wish you the best. I know you are working on production issues.

Figure out your glue and find three good people and you will be just fine.

Even with jerks like me trying to bring down your empire
:laughing7:

lONG LIVE WIDGETS

Break less, shovel more.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread