Jobe Yellow jacket 36 inch sluice

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
put vmat in it. you can put miners moss over that or run it with just tyhe vmat

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
What size gold do you have? fit the mat to the gold your after.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's in Wisconsin.

I would grind out all the riffles and replace with raised expanded metal, over moss, over vmat.

OP
OP
D

dash4cash

Apr 9, 2018
Saukville, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Garrett AT max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess we will experiment with what we have and a few different ones, so many choices lol.

Carl

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I guess we will experiment with what we have and a few different ones, so many choices lol.

Carl

There are ways to fasten in different style mats for different situations if you use your imagination. Keep that in mind.

Good luck.

Jan 21, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening dash for cash I'd like to offer you my personal experience with the job yellow jacket sluice. I myself have a job yellow jacket 45 with flair. Put in enough hours with it to feel comfortable talking about it. Coupling my personal experiences along with what I've read on the internet from other users I find that the yellow jacket rifles are in major need of modification if not replacement. First and foremost if you are using expanded sheet metal underneath your rifles you need to remove it as these riffles or sluice we're not designed with their use in mind straight out of the Box as there is a small void space between the bottom of the riffle and the top of the expanded sheet metal allowing for water to flow underneath the riffle. I personally have opted for moving the expanded sheet metal which is not in the factory supplied manual that came with the sluice and bending the bottom of the ripples flush with any matting or carpet that I may be using. This brings me to my next point. The first three rifles as you will notice are stream ripples with a very aggressive profile. So aggressive in fact that the first ripple tends to kick all the material up over the ripple bars and two thirds of the way down the sluice before it even hits another riffle or free enters the recovery zone. I've tried lessening the pitch of these first three rifles with moderate results.q jobe designed this ruffle bar to perform well in both fast steep conditions as well as slower Flo's. (The first three rifles being for fast water and bigger gold the last three being Force lower flows and finer gold). I personally have modified my sluice by removing the expanded sheet metal as stated earlier as well as filing down the sides of the sluice or the latches latch onto the ripple bars removing about 1/8 inch of material just wide enough for the clamps to clamp down a little bit farther and hold the riffle bars firmly against the mat. A good quality ripped carpet works very well for me and could even be coupled up with miner's moss. My favorite use for my job yellow jacket is actually as a rocker Box using The flume as part of the hopper opting to leave at 3 in gap between the start of the sluice and the end of The flume allowing water to flow through so all that I have to do stump a little bit of water on top of the material in the hopper and rock the material never settles and packs out. Please forgive any spelling errors I'm using talk-to-text at the moment. I'll try to post some pictures of the modifications I've made two mice loose and try to round up a couple pictures of the phenomena caused by the first three ripples being so steep as well as my rocker Box modifications soon. Do you have any questions feel free to p.m. me. Good luck hope this was helpful

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread