Grizzley Gold Trap is out of business

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Too bad. I hope they at least broke even or their losses were minimal.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very sad news.:skullflag:

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes it is sad. I felt they were underpriced to begin with. Great product but expensive to produce. It’s a shame their mold broke.

Goldzooka may be back :0

Nah. [emoji848]

SunshineMiner

Jun 2, 2014
Someplace Sunny, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Damn. I kept wanting to purchase one and kept putting it on the back burner. Even sold my Bazooka Gold Trap in plans to buy one. Oh well, you snooze you loose :(

If anyone in CA is interesting in selling one, PM me XD

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
takes more to stay successful in business than just having a product in demand unfortunately. Credit is dried up and they hit a financial brick wall. Kinda hard to keep small business going if you can't be liquid when you really need it.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
takes more to stay successful in business than just having a product in demand unfortunately. Credit is dried up and they hit a financial brick wall. Kinda hard to keep small business going if you can't be liquid when you really need it.

He did it all without using credit. He did it to support the fluidbed prospecting community. With all the cost increases it just stopped making sense.

For therapy, I’m taking him on a multi-way prospecting trip starting Sunday...nothing like a little paydirt therapy right?

Last edited:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GGT - having had to shut down two companies that I sweated over and nearly drove myself into the ground trying to keep them going, I feel for your loss! Thank you for all your efforts, congratulations on making so many improvements to and for a great product and the best of success to you in the future!...……………...63bkpkr

HardHatMatt

Mar 15, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I admire anyone who has the stones to give it a go - very cool. Sorry it didn’t work out but hats off for your efforts to keep the fluid bed alive!

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I initially believed this effort was on the high end of cost, production wise. Aside from startup cost of molds and thermoform equipment, how many hours go into a sluice build? At more than a few there is no money left.

Features! Those are key! Nope. Guess not. My latest is a nose[emoji1751]*[emoji3603].

IMG_0870.jpg

Volume? How many potential buyers? How many do you need?

I’ve heard things on the garage builds. [emoji848].

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Dennis should regroup downsize and try to keep one model in production.

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bummer. I think they could have sold them for 20% more than they were asking. Gotta respect people that make a great product for a great price.

I was hoping to sell my two Bazookas in a couple of months and buy one GGT. Guess I should hold off on that :/

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah man. That's a bummer. Maybe a GoFundMe or kickstarter campaign to raise funds for a new mold would work out.

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't mind paying $50 for a set of plans for an explorer. Maybe that's the way to go on with business.

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He needs to find a way to make this work. Its the best fluid bed on the market. And arguably the best sluice. I agree most would have been willing to pay more. I dable in selling and if he could sell for 25% more Thats huge...

Down sizing to just one model is probably best but what size?... I love my nugget model. Easily backpacked. Its ideal. Anything larger is only useful at the bear campground. Thats where 90% of the customers proably are but the best model is the Nugget.

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wouldn't mind paying $50 for a set of plans for an explorer. Maybe that's the way to go on with business.

Funny you’d mention that...I just pitched that idea his way a few days ago. Could happen (fingers crossed!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread