looking for; - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: looking for;

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 3660'
    5710 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Merry Christmas to you too Eyeball! : )
    Eyeball likes this.
    Liberty is the Freedom to do the next Right thing.

In God We Trust

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    4543 times
    I've not seen this video for some time but as I watched the prospector make planks from the tree I realized the potential of what he was doing. The planks are building materials for more than just a sluice box like think the roofing materials for a comfortable better than bushcraft dwelling. One starts with crude and works up to approximately comfortable. Thank you for the repost!.............63bkpkr
    Duckshot and Eyeball like this.
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 3660'
    5710 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 63bkpkr View Post
    I've not seen this video for some time but as I watched the prospector make planks from the tree I realized the potential of what he was doing. The planks are building materials for more than just a sluice box like think the roofing materials for a comfortable better than bushcraft dwelling. One starts with crude and works up to approximately comfortable. Thank you for the repost!.............63bkpkr
    The ships that brought honkeys to to North America were built with split planks, broke off with wedges. They didn't have circular saws until a couple hundred years later.

Funny thing I heard about America- When the early English settlers got here they did not seem to know how to build houses without hewn logs. No log cabins They were pegging mortise and tenon joints instead. Takes a heck of a lot more time to post and beam frame out a house than it does to stack and daub logs.
    Eyeball likes this.
    Liberty is the Freedom to do the next Right thing.

In God We Trust

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    4543 times
    Technological advancements are amazing! Mix mud and clay with dead weeds (straw) and build something with it. It takes a spark of an idea to begin the leap forward to sluice boxes, highbankers, airplanes, spaceships & satellites that are entering deep space. And all I want to do right now is go backpacking............63bkpkr
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links