Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree17Likes
  • 1 Post By Eyeball
  • 1 Post By arizau
  • 2 Post By akflyer
  • 3 Post By KevinInColorado
  • 2 Post By wildminer
  • 1 Post By arizau
  • 1 Post By Eyeball
  • 1 Post By Eyeball
  • 3 Post By Eyeball
  • 2 Post By Eyeball

Thread: looking for;

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    ca
    Mr.

Oct 2018
    North Bay area
    Spectrum XLT, sold. Garrett Ace 250. Minelab Excal II. Playing with a Garrett XL-500, it got wet. Minelab Nox-600. Garrett pinpointer Pro, Garrett Carrot.
    110 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

looking for;

A simple sluice,
    I am a Canadian, but spend a lot of time in the US.

I'm wondering where to shop for a simple backpackable sluice with matting and expanded metal, that can be run in the creek or by pump.
    There are models available online, but I wanted to be able to actually buy it in Canada rather than online.
    If nothing shows up here, I am next going to check out Cabela's in my US travels to see what they have for stock if any.
    Can anyone chime in to direct me to an area within maybe 400 km of North Bay? (Toronto, Sudbury and Ottawa triangle.)
    So far, I have done most of my buying online, but I am fed up with the shipping practices and costs as most of the hobby stuff I do comes from the US.

If any of you have one parked not using it, I'd be interested to buy if possible.

I drive a truck mostly in the West and South West US, and can't really spend a lot of time searching for things physically.

Thanks, eyeball.
    arizau likes this.
    In due time you'll find that it would have taken less effort to follow up on advice than it takes to find out you really ARE wrong most of the time.

Whites Spectrum XTL Sold, Garret Ace-250, Garret XL-500, Minelab Excal ll, Minelab nox-600, Garret pinpointer Pro, Garret Carrot.

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and /home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    2592 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyeball View Post
    A simple sluice,
    I am a Canadian, but spend a lot of time in the US.

I'm wondering where to shop for a simple backpackable sluice with matting and expanded metal, that can be run in the creek or by pump.
    There are models available online, but I wanted to be able to actually buy it in Canada rather than online.
    If nothing shows up here, I am next going to check out Cabela's in my US travels to see what they have for stock if any.
    Can anyone chime in to direct me to an area within maybe 400 km of North Bay? (Toronto, Sudbury and Ottawa triangle.)
    So far, I have done most of my buying online, but I am fed up with the shipping practices and costs as most of the hobby stuff I do comes from the US.

If any of you have one parked not using it, I'd be interested to buy if possible.

I drive a truck mostly in the West and South West US, and can't really spend a lot of time searching for things physically.

Thanks, eyeball.
    As far as Cabelas......Order and do an in-store pickup from a store along your route to avoid shipping costs, etc. https://www.cabelas.com/content_popu...=InStorePickup. Other than that there are numerous local prospecting shops all over the west that are not necessarily online vendors. Google for the dedicated shops for the various cities along your route. I have seen prospecting supplies in local hardware stores in gold country too. Just have to check around since they are not regular catalog items for the major stores like Ace and Tru Value, etc.

Good luck.
    Last edited by arizau; Nov 26, 2018 at 06:56 PM.
    Eyeball likes this.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

Jun 2017
    117 times
    Pretty easy to make your own and order some goldhog matting.
    russau and Eyeball like this.

us
    www.FindingGOLDinColorado.com

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer, Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper highbanker, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluices, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10185 times
    Prospecting
    Just buy an Angus Mackirk. They are made in Canada by a Canadian company.
    russau, rodoconnor and Eyeball like this.

MAGA

Dec 2015
    Oregon Coast
    669 times
    Prospecting
    If you travel I-5 Armadillo Mining store is right on the freeway at the north Grants Pass exit. Should be room to park your truck. Internet search for inventory and phone number. Sam will be very helpful.
    Eyeball and arizau like this.

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and /home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    2592 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by wildminer View Post
    If you travel I-5 Armadillo Mining store is right on the freeway at the north Grants Pass exit. Should be room to park your truck. Internet search for inventory and phone number. Sam will be very helpful.
    Ditto that ^^. I always make it a point to stop when I am up that way.
    wildminer likes this.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

ca
    Mr.

Oct 2018
    North Bay area
    Spectrum XLT, sold. Garrett Ace 250. Minelab Excal II. Playing with a Garrett XL-500, it got wet. Minelab Nox-600. Garrett pinpointer Pro, Garrett Carrot.
    110 times
    Quote Originally Posted by arizau View Post
    As far as Cabelas......Order and do an in-store pickup from a store along your route to avoid shipping costs, etc. https://www.cabelas.com/content_popu...=InStorePickup. Other than that there are numerous local prospecting shops all over the west that are not necessarily online vendors. Google for the dedicated shops for the various cities along your route. I have seen prospecting supplies in local hardware stores in gold country too. Just have to check around since they are not regular catalog items for the major stores like Ace and Tru Value, etc.

Good luck.
    Thanks for the input Arizau,
    I got to order in a folding sluice as that interests me, I am fairly busy when I'm out trucking, between getting up and motoring down the road and work, I put in my 11 hrs of on dury and driving and trying to have a bite to eat to boot, it gets so that I' m beat at the end of the day, it is too much to hope to get to a decent shop most of the time.
    I should get to know a few sooner or later and things will become easier.
    Thanks for the reply, eyeball.
    Last edited by Eyeball; Nov 29, 2018 at 09:09 PM.
    arizau likes this.
    In due time you'll find that it would have taken less effort to follow up on advice than it takes to find out you really ARE wrong most of the time.

Whites Spectrum XTL Sold, Garret Ace-250, Garret XL-500, Minelab Excal ll, Minelab nox-600, Garret pinpointer Pro, Garret Carrot.

ca
    Mr.

Oct 2018
    North Bay area
    110 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wildminer View Post
    I know exactly where you mean, but I have not been out that way for a good 15 years now, I used to pick up plywood in Ugene and G Pass for home but that's a while ago.
    Now I haul mining equipment to Nogales (that country makes me drool), Elko and Carlin, NV, Sparks and Reno, and a few more places out in Utah.
    All good places to be for prospecting and swinging a coil.
    cheers, eyeball.
    wildminer likes this.

ca
    Mr.

Oct 2018
    North Bay area
    110 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    Just buy an Angus Mackirk. They are made in Canada by a Canadian company.
    Hello Kev,

It was exactly that Angus Mackirk sluicebox I was looking for, but they're all sold out where I try to order from or they won't ship to canada.
    The next stop at a Cabela's where I frequently stop or reset will have a pre-ordered Angus sitting there waiting for me.
    That will give me two of them, one for at home to wring out dirt I bring in and one for with me in the truck, to use where I get out and play for a day on a reset.
    Thanks for the mention, eyeball.

ca
    Mr.

Oct 2018
    North Bay area
    110 times
    Update;
    I found the Mackirk people thanks to your comments Kevin, got me hunting for them and I bought the second one from them (sidekick ll) and some other gear.
    Thanks, eyeball.
    KevinInColorado and 63bkpkr like this.

us
    Aug 2015
    Montana
    etrac, GM 1000, GPX 5000
    482 times
    Metal Detecting
    You'll absolutely LOVE your Angus(s)…………...

Charter Member

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 3660'
    3067 times

Glad you got a sluice, drop riffles like the angus mackirk are my favorite. Easy to make a drop riffle in wood. Just make a couple shallow passes with your circular saw The type of riffle shown in the video above are called Hungarian riffles. Also very easy to make.
    "There can be no self-government without self-discipline. There can be no self-government without self-control. There can be no liberty unless it is grounded in moral discipline and the ability to do what is right." ~ Dr. Alan Keyes

Liberty is the freedom to carry out God's will. In God We Trust.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links