Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2018
Near Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, 6000DI Whites hip mount
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi All,

Thought I would share one of our last outings, late October we went to Cape Disappointment. This was my first time on the beach. For equipment I made a 10" X 5' long sluice box and took my A52 keene and stacked them, I made this up on a recirculating system using a 2200 gph pump, I did a 25 gallon test run with Deep V Mat in the A52 and had alternating gold hog mats ( UR, Yukon, Motherlode) in the 5' box. I have about half of those cons cleaned up using a blue bowl, so here are some pictures and videos hope you enjoy.
IMG_0487.JPG

Blue Bowl Clean up
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZDmeaJsU-X6VdsdJAx7K2Q

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have just GOT to get up there one of these days..........................

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Twenty five gallons.....well at least you left the rest of us something to play with.:laughing7: I don't envy you transporting the sand from and back to the beach but a recirc unit at the trailer is more convenient, though maybe limiting daily throughput, than daily setup and breakdown on the beach like many do. Do you have any idea what your recovery rate was compared to the cube miners?

Good luck.

Last edited:

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That got your blood circulating, eh William? Your gear should work awesome up there!
Yeah..... I am so tired of the oregon beach BS....
There are beaches in oregon where the access is just difficult enough I think ya could just run power anyway.... Screw'em.
A couple good lithium batteries keep the weight down to about 5 lbs........instead of 75 lbs for a lead acid battery that weighs 75 lbs. ... set everything up for back packing.

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah..... I am so tired of the oregon beach BS....
There are beaches in oregon where the access is just difficult enough I think ya could just run power anyway.... Screw'em.
A couple good lithium batteries keep the weight down to about 5 lbs........instead of 75 lbs for a lead acid battery that weighs 75 lbs. ... set everything up for back packing.

That's the spirit.:thumbsup: Time to stage a protest in Portland..er Salem..nope just do it.:laughing7:

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How's about a electric bike battery and motor on that fat tired cart of yours to haul gear and material? Chain and sprocket drive with a solid locker rear drive.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi and good luck.

OP
OP
S

Smithy68

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2018
Near Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, 6000DI Whites hip mount
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi William,
I am ready to go when ever you are, we had a lot of fun and can't wait to get back out there.

Arizau,

Transporting was not bad the beach is 100' from where I was camped, I have made a day trip with a friend and camping was way more productive for sure plus kept the wife happy. She could go in the trailer when she got bored LOL.

Recovery rate?? Hmm not sure but I know I was running 3 buckets to one vs the gold cube guys. Actually had a guy next to me with a 6 tray and 2 guys on the main trail to the beach maybe 100' away. I could definitely see more gold in my box but running more sand it was expected. I am hoping to get some time this to finish cleaning up my cons and get a weight on the gold from the 25 gallons of pay sand.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
How's about a electric bike battery and motor on that fat tired cart of yours to haul gear and material? Chain and sprocket drive with a solid locker rear drive.
I like the way you think.......:notworthy:

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Does an electronic copy on your phone count?

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread