What does the expqnded metal do? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: What does the expqnded metal do?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    12174 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by N-Lionberger View Post
    Fast water, rough classification to reduce carry weight or shovel feed straight bank run, pitch out the big rocks by hand. I think thats what it is I could be wrong.
    Yep its how you actually get good gold with a small sluice
    N-Lionberger likes this.

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    2051 times
    Prospecting
    Expanded metal looks basa$$ and gives the sluice its lateral strength and flexibility. Has nothing to do with catching gold. Dont listen to anyone. They just want your gold.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    12174 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybravo300 View Post
    Expanded metal looks basa$$ and gives the sluice its lateral strength and flexibility. Has nothing to do with catching gold. Dont listen to anyone. They just want your gold.

Dude.. it is the only thing even used in hundreds of large operations. For recovery.

There are whole studies on it.

My hi banker and production stream sluices run with it and get excellent recovery..

Nothing to do with catching gold? Really
    mytimetoshine likes this.

Jun 2017
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    Dude.. it is the only thing even used in hundreds of large operations. For recovery.

There are whole studies on it.

My hi banker and production stream sluices run with it and get excellent recovery..

Nothing to do with catching gold? Really
    Pretty sure the comment above yours was dripping with sarcasm. I speak it pretty fluently myself.
    beekbuster likes this.

us
    Jan 2016
    F2
    2051 times
    Prospecting
    Expanded metal is like putting chrome on a Hardly Ableson.
    johnedoe likes this.

us
    Jan 2016
    F2
    2051 times
    Prospecting
    I'm always paranoid that someone wants my gold! Doohhh!

us
    Jan 2016
    F2
    2051 times
    Prospecting
    Im just yanking yer chain fellers. Cabin fever has set in here and I got a bad case. Over 60 inches of snow now and counting.
    I'm about to tap out all my cons from last year cuz I'm sure i missed a speck in there. Spring seems so far away!

us
    Apr 2014
    SW Oregon
    569 times
    Prospecting
    On my 5inch three stage I'll be running miners moss under some "flat" expanded metal on the third stage (end of the sluice) and I removed all but three of the riffles, left the top, middle and bottom ones in just to pretty much hold down the expanded onto the the moss. Very little recovery in that stage with all those big riffles in the past and will be curious if I've been blowing any thing away. I sometimes miss that old 5 inch single but I just don't think I can straighten it back into shape Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00073.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	1681647

us
    Mar 2015
    Whites Coin Master, Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport High banker/dredge, DIY hand trommel, DIY Miller table, DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice, Keene A-52 A-52s 1884 Wheaties
    1813 times
    prospecting, metal detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by mendoAu View Post
    On my 5inch three stage I'll be running miners moss under some "flat" expanded metal on the third stage (end of the sluice) and I removed all but three of the riffles, left the top, middle and bottom ones in just to pretty much hold down the expanded onto the the moss. Very little recovery in that stage with all those big riffles in the past and will be curious if I've been blowing any thing away. I sometimes miss that old 5 inch single but I just don't think I can straighten it back into shape Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00073.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	1681647
    Good grief!!! did it go under an eighteen wheeler?

us
    Mar 2015
    Whites Coin Master, Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport High banker/dredge, DIY hand trommel, DIY Miller table, DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice, Keene A-52 A-52s 1884 Wheaties
    1813 times
    prospecting, metal detecting
    I have read on this forum that fine gold can migrate under miners moss. Any fact that can support this? Seems that the bottom riffle would pinch it off.

us
    Mine President, XPBC, GIH, stamp mill operator, snuffer bottle owner.

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, 2.5", 4" lowbankers, highbankers. Witch Sticks.
    837 times
    Prospecting
    Most people place ribbed rubber matting under their miners moss to solve that problem. I don't like miners moss in my powered sluices it tends to pack up and lose active exchange when you stop and restart the flow of water, I have been using the unbacked veranda carpet over ribbed rubber with good results in my dredge and highbankers. I still use moss in my river sluice as the only time the water stops is when I fish it out for a cleanup.
    No gold in NY likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    12174 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by akflyer View Post
    Pretty sure the comment above yours was dripping with sarcasm. I speak it pretty fluently myself.

you just never know??

after all sluice boxes are pointless anyway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links