Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Im just yanking yer chain fellers. Cabin fever has set in here and I got a bad case. Over 60 inches of snow now and counting.
I'm about to tap out all my cons from last year cuz I'm sure i missed a speck in there. Spring seems so far away!

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
On my 5inch three stage I'll be running miners moss under some "flat" expanded metal on the third stage (end of the sluice) and I removed all but three of the riffles, left the top, middle and bottom ones in just to pretty much hold down the expanded onto the the moss. Very little recovery in that stage with all those big riffles in the past and will be curious if I've been blowing any thing away. I sometimes miss that old 5 inch single but I just don't think I can straighten it back into shape DSC00073.JPG

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
On my 5inch three stage I'll be running miners moss under some "flat" expanded metal on the third stage (end of the sluice) and I removed all but three of the riffles, left the top, middle and bottom ones in just to pretty much hold down the expanded onto the the moss. Very little recovery in that stage with all those big riffles in the past and will be curious if I've been blowing any thing away. I sometimes miss that old 5 inch single but I just don't think I can straighten it back into shape View attachment 1681647

Good grief!!! did it go under an eighteen wheeler?

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I have read on this forum that fine gold can migrate under miners moss. Any fact that can support this? Seems that the bottom riffle would pinch it off.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Most people place ribbed rubber matting under their miners moss to solve that problem. I don't like miners moss in my powered sluices it tends to pack up and lose active exchange when you stop and restart the flow of water, I have been using the unbacked veranda carpet over ribbed rubber with good results in my dredge and highbankers. I still use moss in my river sluice as the only time the water stops is when I fish it out for a cleanup.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure the comment above yours was dripping with sarcasm. I speak it pretty fluently myself.

you just never know??

after all sluice boxes are pointless anyway :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread