Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Digging it in California :)!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    11200 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHF View Post
    This was in kern County. Definitely misinformation and its like they had orders to harass or disrupt mining operations. They have all sorts of Notice Of Intent placards going up theyve locked black gulch up and expect you to pay to use it. They really are making it difficult.. Night mining is something an old friend recommended..

The government has Notice of Intent Placards up?

The whole canyon is full of claims. It would be claim owners who trigger notice of intent.

The government isn't charging a fee to prospect.

If it wasn't so close to Babylon the Rangers wouldn't be so edgy.

Jan 2019
    13 times
    Prospecting
    This has something to do withthem improving the area. They put gravel on the road, drug a few toilots in, added some concrete slabs, signs, alot of new rocks blocking trails,. The placard is up on the government notice board right past thecattle gaurd and gate. Day use was 70-80+$ and overnight was 130-150ish.This was a bound paper with forest service as acting agency.The rangers are beyond edgy, they are over stepping. Creating an undue burden, investigating with zero cause. You have to talk your way out of every situation. Maybe call the sheriffs and civil court is the answer for someone with resources. I will simply go to bigger gold country and work better claims.
    Last edited by MrHF; Feb 09, 2019 at 02:31 PM.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    11200 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Day use for $80 bucks where?

I've spent quite a bit of time in the area especially at the hot springs.

Theres not a day use area anywhere thats more than $10-15 bucks.. No camping near as much as you stated.

Could you share more info? Sounds like the locals are trying to keep people away. Something fishy is going on.
    Clay Diggins likes this.

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    1735 times
    Prospecting
    Ridiculous harassment! Someday someone's gonna snap with that going on! I've heard of people's equipment getting confiscated too!

We dont have any of that in Colorado that I've ever heard of.....pure crazy! Seems everyone's forestry officials have gone bonkers except for ours? Weird. I'll stay in Colorado where its safe geeez!

Post a sign at your claim that says-No trespassing! I have guns and a backhoe! I never have any unwanted visitors at my claim. Its really kind of boring.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    9836 times
    Prospecting
    The notice of intent is for the upcoming forest plan NEPA EIS.

Dispersed camping is free. If you pay for camping in undeveloped campgrounds or parking you are making a donation of your own free will. Several Federal Court decisions have upheld the law preventing fees for unimproved, camping, picnicking or parking.

There is no such thing as a fee to prospect on the public lands. Silly story. Lots of claims up that way do your research.

Always drama coming out of Babylon. The BS artists do more to scare people out of the woods than the rangers ever will.

Welcome to California.

Heavy Pans

Jan 2019
    13 times
    Prospecting
    Im not sure what more to say on black gulch. Let me recap.. At aboutthe borel road turn left onto a dirt road to black gulch. Follow roadto first locked forest service gate and cattle guard. Inside that is a big government board they staple the announcements. On that board was a notice of intent to charge a day fee and also an overnight fee for the improvements they have made to that area included but not limited to road graded and gravel put out, signs saying what and where you can and cant do things, toilots, cement slabs (possibly parking as the road levels and heads west) they have added more rocks to block areas.. So i can tell they have done a bit of work in there, and unless you go and see what im talking about(i have no pictures) then im not sure i can explain it much differently. This was a very formal NOI with proposed fees for both things described and why. It had FS as acting with multiple contacts.... I didnt walk any further west past the porta potty place. But the amounts I qouted were insane but thats also the reason i remember the amounts. Anyways ive spent 30 + years off and on in Isabella area, between family cowboying, me cowboying and mining, horse shoeing and living out. Have a look yourself, and then come back and have a comment. Or catch me anytime on here i plan on doing alot of pictures of my trips this year...

Jan 2019
    13 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Diggins View Post
    The notice of intent is for the upcoming forest plan NEPA EIS.

Dispersed camping is free. If you pay for camping in undeveloped campgrounds or parking you are making a donation of your own free will. Several Federal Court decisions have upheld the law preventing fees for unimproved, camping, picnicking or parking.

There is no such thing as a fee to prospect on the public lands. Silly story. Lots of claims up that way do your research.

Always drama coming out of Babylon. The BS artists do more to scare people out of the woods than the rangers ever will.

Welcome to California.

Heavy Pans
    yeah i never claimed there was a fee to prospect. It plainly stated a proposed day use fee and overnight fee. Anyways yeah have a great day

Jan 2019
    13 times
    Prospecting

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    11200 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    They can't charge you to park to access your own claim.

There are numerous, (Like A LOT of them) free dispersed camping areas in the Krn River Canyon

not to mention they can't charge you to park in turnouts on Kern Canyon rd.

There are no $80 day use areas.

Like Clay said. more people keep themselves out than any Ranger.

I didn't live in the area for thirty years but, visited when I was young visiting from SoCal. And very often When I lived in Lone Pine.
    Last edited by Goldwasher; Feb 11, 2019 at 11:20 AM.
    Clay Diggins likes this.

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    1735 times
    Prospecting
    I just heard about a law being proposed in Denver to allow young children to run lemonade stands or shovel snow for extra money in their neighborhoods since it's illegal without the proper permits and business licences.
    Our "educators" are protesting in Denver today for more fiat dollars, not that they want REAL money with purchasing power, but more fiat. (But it's all about the kids they say.)
    The poor kids here dont stand a chance with a legal system against them and a public teachers union holding them hostage for pay raises.
    Seems we arent far behind ya I hate to say!

Jan 2019
    13 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    They can't charge you to park to access your own claim.

There are numerous, (Like A LOT of them) free dispersed camping areas in the Krn River Canyon

not to mention they can't charge you to park in turnouts on Kern Canyon rd.

There are no $80 day use areas.

Like Clay said. more people keep themselves out than any Ranger.

I didn't live in the area for thirty years but, visited when I was young visiting from SoCal. And very often When I lived in Lone Pine.
    I came on here to show alittle gold and remembered seeing that, was just passing it along in case people hadn't heard
    , and being that the government is so shady they dont cast shadows. Again not worth the hassle, so good on ya, cheers

us
    Mike

Dec 2014
    Bodfish and Marin county CA
    Garrett , Whites keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
    892 times
    Drywashing , Sluicing , Panning
    I think MrHF is talking about a National Parks & Federal Recreational Lands Annual Pass
    There $80.00
    https://store.usgs.gov/pass
    Nice gold and yes the rangers can be a pain in the ass I have been harassed before.
    The last time I was told I had to stay in the keysville Recreational Mining Area - BLM Signs are posted to do this.
    These signs don't mean chit I can go prospecting as long as it's not claimed and open to mineral entry as some land is.
    How I'm I going to file a claim if I can't show proof of discovery as I need to prospect to do that.
    Blm can't just make up there own rules.
    Rant over.
    Stay thirsty my friends

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    8038 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Nice Cali gold.
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links