Bear R (Colfax) Conditions?

Au Chit

Greenie
Sep 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been some time since I posted....

Winter fishing season has been has been a bust with all the rain and snow. Buddy and I are thinking about heading up to Colfax just to get out of the wives hair for the day. Not sure how high the river is up on the bank and/or if shoreline is accessible at the campground/day use area with all this high water. I would hate to make the trip and be disappointed.

Any help would be appreciated!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi russau, I also use USGS Data and just now I tried this, USGS California Bear river Real Time water flow data, the result was a large list of rivers with the Bear and the NFAR right together and the numbers are good. Right now the NFAR is above typical average so I'd Guess the Bear is also above its typical average which, I would expect them to be above average though they have been lowering for several days as the storms in the Sierras were on a decline (at the moment).

I expect that at some point all NorCal rivers will go up drastically as the weather heats up though we could easily have storms into June or even July (I've seen one come in for the July 4th weekend)...........63bkpkr

Tahoegold

Mar 7, 2016
Carson City, NV
Detector(s) used
Compadre, Gold Racer, White's TRX,Bazooka GT 24",God Hog mats,Grizzly Gold Trap Motherload, Harbor freight 9 function, Cintech pinpointer, Determination
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's today's flows. Its been a few days and no storms. The rivers have come down a bit.

IMG_20190315_112115.jpg

IMG_20190315_112149.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread