Bazooka miner or AM Foreman/Boss

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
I currently have an AM Foreman (Or boss. can't remember & don't have it with me). I like the AM but have always been interested in a Bazooka but the shipping tom Alaska was crazy. I have the chance to pick up a used bazooka miner (nice shape) locally at a fair price ($200ish). For those of you who have maybe used both do you see a significant advantage in the bazooka?
I do have several smaller sluices for low water flow areas.
Gold in my area is mostly on the finer size.
Thanks

OP
OP
V

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Well it became a buy it or loose the opportunity deal so I am now the proud(?) owner of a bazooka miner...

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well it became a buy it or loose the opportunity deal so I am now the proud(?) owner of a bazooka miner...

Good call. I have long used AM for low water and a Bazooka or Grizzly Goldtrap for higher water. A winning combination!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is a big box for one person. but you will be able to feed it massive amounts of material.

OP
OP
V

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys. Made a 400 mile round trip yesterday to pick it up ?(thats local in Alaska) and hope i have time to get it wet this fall. Guy wouldnt budge from his $250 price but i dont blame him on an unused unit. Getting the 36" prospector shipped up here was going to be around $125 when i checked a couple years ago and i think the miner was around $200 for shipping!
And Goldwasher you were right. It is BIG! But i wanted BIG!��

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just a heads up: From what I remember reading, the "big" also can potentially translate into very difficult to un-wedge from it's stream perch when it is time to clean up. Seems to me that a way to divert the flow may be a way to alleviate the situation.(?)

Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
I've read the same thing. I will try & work smarter not harder although some would say it's not my nature! :-)

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a heads up: From what I remember reading, the "big" also can potentially translate into very difficult to un-wedge from it's stream perch when it is time to clean up. Seems to me that a way to divert the flow may be a way to alleviate the situation.(?)

Good luck.

It's not so much getting it un wedged. it is just damn hard to get it out of the water. Heavy and big. Plan on trying to slide it. rather than just trying to lift it out.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the fluid bed club. You will not be dissapointed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread