Place to Sluice Near Jamestown, CA
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Nathan

Aug 2019
    Sunnyvale
    Whites TDI SL
    7 times
    Prospecting

Place to Sluice Near Jamestown, CA

Hello All!

I bought a mini bazooka gold sluice around 4 years ago, but never had the time to use it. My family is traveling to Pine Mountain Lake this weekend and we are looking for a nice spot along the river to relax, have a picnic. I would like to use my sluice also! I have poked around online for spots but I am pretty confused. I'm not sure how to tell if the land is a registered claim (don't want to get shot / arrested). I am not a serious prospector - I am just looking to have a fun perhaps find some color. If anyone could point me towards a spot I would really appreciate it!

us
    Dec 2013
    N. California
    Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
    4723 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by junior_propector_123 View Post
    Hello All!

I bought a mini bazooka gold sluice around 4 years ago, but never had the time to use it. My family is traveling to Pine Mountain Lake this weekend and we are looking for a nice spot along the river to relax, have a picnic. I would like to use my sluice also! I have poked around online for spots but I am pretty confused. I'm not sure how to tell if the land is a registered claim (don't want to get shot / arrested). I am not a serious prospector - I am just looking to have a fun perhaps find some color. If anyone could point me towards a spot I would really appreciate it!

JP

You can look for claimed areas on the river you are going to. On Mylandmatters.com. I live just far enough away from Jamestown that I don’t know of any spots. I do know about the mini. Do your setup so that it is flat and gently raise the angle until it is moving the lite to medium materials. Scrape the bigger gravel off over the grill with your shovel or hand. There is no need to use a classifier and it is a waste of time. The Bazooka is the classifier. Run about a five gallon bucket worth and then dump the sluice out. Fluid bed is small and packs up quickly. Good Luck

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links