Questions about sluice boxs - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Questions about sluice boxs

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mine President, XPBC, GIH, stamp mill operator, snuffer bottle owner.

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, 2.5", 4" lowbankers, highbankers. Witch Sticks.
    819 times
    Prospecting
    There isn't really a magic sluice angle for a stream sluice it really depends on individual circumstances. Those numbers are mostly from riffle studies performed on large washplant sluices up north. The operation of a stream sluice including the angle set is best based off of how material flows through the box. https://www.hecklerfabrication.com/f...iffle_Test.pdf

https://www.hecklerfabrication.com/f...-partIII-2.pdf this is a good read too.
    Last edited by N-Lionberger; Nov 05, 2019 at 03:50 PM.
    arizau, Oregon Viking and russau like this.

us
    Jan 2012
    Oregon Coast
    White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
    2154 times
    Beach mining, Metal detecting, Trading.
    Quote Originally Posted by sushidingo View Post
    We've done some research this thread being some of that research. We got the angles set up alright (we think...measuring tape, and level) amd feel we found a good bit of gold over the last 2 days. I'll update when we get itnall weighed out. Thanks for the help everyone
    Finding the right angle is a little more than just using a tape and level.......

You need to set up the sluice and get the water flowing through it then toss in some material that you are going to run.
    Then watch how it acts in the sluice, too steep and fast will wash out material and gold too quickly.

Too shallow and angle and too slow water flow will just let the material build up and then any additional material will just flow over the top of the plugged up riffles.

So you just need to do a little fine tuning from the initial setup....( Unless you were lucky enough to nail it )..... and watch how the material processes ... Don't overfeed, you have to let the water and riffle do the work for a proper exchange rate.

Here are a couple vids from Doc at gold hog that just might help you .... a lot....

We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Thomas Jefferson

Which is also why we have the second
    amendment.

Mar 2015
    379 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Alright. I'll check them out. This is a learning process and we are still very new to the whole thing. I'll be posting all 3 videos on my channel (the wandering fools) if you want to see how poorly we set it up. Haha. We found a good bit but because of our set up we probably lost just as much. Gonna go fight the black sand right now

Mar 2015
    379 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191107_082346_304.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	1769216 4 hours and not through all my material

us
    Jan 2012
    Oregon Coast
    White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
    2154 times
    Beach mining, Metal detecting, Trading.
    Looks like your doing something right......
    russau likes this.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Thomas Jefferson

Which is also why we have the second
    amendment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links