GGT starting to come apart - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: GGT starting to come apart

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    14360 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hey Gold4Mike
    Haven't seen you thread active in a while (on your gold /stream hunt) ,how's it going ?
    Last edited by RTR; Nov 08, 2019 at 06:18 PM.
    Gold4Mike likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    12074 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoegold View Post
    Ok, so the welding sticks can't be used with glue. It sure looks like that's how the bazookas were done. I didn't know about welding sticks. It almost looks like one was used in the seams with glue. Not sure how this was done...Attachment 1769510
    I would have to wait for boxes to be welded in between steps.

Glued first then Todd would lay a bead with a hot air welder thing that used the rod. Along the deck around the front where it had to be filed smooth. Theres a feet of rod on the longer boxes.

Those little micro furrows where the weld meets the deck and sidewall are made by the hot tip of the welder running on the plastic.
    you can see the tip with the scoop lip thing top right. https://www.amazon.com/Beyondlife-Pl...SIN=B07CR9M9N6 it makes those little lines that look like glue.

A hot abs worm following. Thats a nice bead. Todd was welding good that day Just saw talked to him a few days ago..I'll tell him we were complimenting his welding.

I've given this tip before two. The inside of the trap has it's seams sealed with "goober" instead of a weld.

Goober is a mix of acetone and abs shavings... It's a pour until it's right formula..probably close to a 50/50 mix.

probably the best weld/joint fixer beefer upper for any Black Boxes out there.
    Last edited by Goldwasher; Nov 08, 2019 at 06:12 PM.

us
    Mar 2016
    Tahoe, CA
    Compadre, Gold Racer, White's TRX,Bazooka Gold Trap 24" Sniper,God Hog mats,Grizzly Gold Trap Motherload,MD App,Determination
    267 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    I would have to wait for boxes to be welded in between steps.

Glued first then Todd would lay a bead with a hot air welder thing that used the rod. Along the deck around the front where it had to be filed smooth. Theres a feet of rod on the longer boxes.

Those little micro furrows where the weld meets the deck and sidewall are made by the hot tip of the welder running on the plastic.
    you can see the tip with the scoop lip thing top right. https://www.amazon.com/Beyondlife-Pl...SIN=B07CR9M9N6 it makes those little lines that look like glue.

A hot abs worm following. Thats a nice bead. Todd was welding good that day Just saw talked to him a few days ago..I'll tell him we were complimenting his welding.

I've given this tip before two. The inside of the trap has it's seams sealed with "goober" instead of a weld.

Goober is a mix of acetone and abs shavings... It's a pour until it's right formula..probably close to a 50/50 mix.

probably the best weld/joint fixer beefer upper for any Black Boxes out there.
    Ok, that's how the weld rods work. Got it. I like the shaving mix idea. That sounds doable! Tilt the unit dmso the glue lays in the corner, add mix! I may need to practice once or twice!
    Yes, very nice weld now that I know what that is! Tell Tod Thanks! Love my 24" Sniper!
    Goldwasher likes this.

us
    May 2017
    Mount Vernon, Washington
    Angus Mackirk Foreman Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer Gold Hog Piglet highbanker Home made slate miller table
    471 times
    Prospecting
    I ended up trying some JB Weld just because I have it in the cupboard and gave it a test run to the Skyomish. It held up fine for the first test, I guess I'll see how long it lasts before trying something more substantial.

us
    May 2017
    Mount Vernon, Washington
    Angus Mackirk Foreman Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer Gold Hog Piglet highbanker Home made slate miller table
    471 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post
    Hey Gold4Mike
    Haven't seen you thread active in a while (on your gold /stream hunt) ,how's it going ?
    Wife and I have been going out fairly consistently, mostly the Nooksack because it's close. Slowly filling the vial, but nothing too exciting so haven't been sharing any pictures. We both just recently retired and have more time now so we've traveled a bit farther to the Skykomish near Index this fall and for just test sluicing and poking around we're pretty excited. Just running the GGT at a new location and just exploring one day we totaled .24 gram! Now have to figure out how to get our Piglet there! I think I need to start picking ET1955's brain a little bit more.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5952.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	4.71 MB 
ID:	1770312
    Tahoegold likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    14360 times
    Looking good Mike
    Gold4Mike likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links