100 percent recovery sluice!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I see... you are a regular member here and i am not, got it.

Neither stated, implied nor intended. Again you're making
stuff up, then treating it as if it's proven fact just to see if
you can get a rise out of me.

Was a time I enjoyed bandying wits with folks like you who wish
to debate the subtle nuances of their particular viewpoint. I'm older
now, and honestly, I just don't need the frustration... hatethecomputer.gif

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neither stated, implied nor intended. Again you're making
stuff up, then treating it as if it's proven fact just to see if
you can get a rise out of me.

Was a time I enjoyed bandying wits with folks like you who wish
to debate the subtle nuances of their particular viewpoint. I'm older
now, and honestly, I just don't need the frustration... View attachment 1836601

:evil6: Peace has returned to the sluice once again... :evil6:
20200525_203321.jpg

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Russau- please look up the smallest particle irradiated for clarkson. Not listed in videos so read the size i think it was -500. If miners moss is catching -500 i would use sections in a box as well as other types.

Worked for placer recovery company and they had copy of a radioactive study of gold. Cant lose gold if its radioactive. All sizes were used and run and recovered 100's of times. Long to short a 40 foot sluice with 1" hungarian riffles over 3m moss caught all the gold. 100percent recovery confirmed by radioactive gold. Not my intention to step on toes but sarcasm sucks when you are trying to be friendly and suggest a new way to look at old problem.

It's on page 20 of the study.............
Only three sizes of gold was used in the Clarkson study. -10 to +14, -20 to +28, and -65 to +100
Also there is NO mention of 100% recovery located anywhere in the report!
The tests were NOT run 100's of times with 100% recovery.
All the tests were conducted on an 8 foot long by 6 inch wide sluice. NOT a 40 foot sluice!
In addition, there are disclaimers stating some of the factors that would diminish the effectiveness of Clarkson's recommendations.

I would suggest that you read the entire Clarkson Analysis at least once getting your facts straight before making any more false claims.
For the Clarkson study click here

I am not new to Clarkson riffles in fact thats what I used in 2011 in my sluice for a 15" trommel that I built. I used them over miners moss(nomad) and then fed that 10" wide x 48" long sluice into another sluice 14" wide by 48" long, with only vortex mat (rough top conveyor belt) to capture losses from the Clarkson sluice. At the time I felt I had the ultimate setup for the fine and flour glacial gold found in Indiana and elsewhere. Worked great in North Carolina and Alabama as well.

avg. 95% recovery of flour gold, 98% recovery of fines & flakes, and 100% of pickers.

sandck.jpg

Have a nice day!

GG~

Goodyguy-if one molecule of gold is irradiated it will show up. Had a wristwatch confiscated while working at walter reed hospital cause it set off alarms 3 floors below.
That explains a lot :tongue3:

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone ever pay for the clarkson study? (Big hint)

Pay for? Its available free.

Old time sluices weren't long for recovery they were long so you could at material at various points of the run.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread