OP
P

Placermaster

Greenie
May 23, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Radioactive forum discussion

Anyone ever pay for the clarkson study? (Big hint)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
90-95% is a dream sluice, 100% is a low/slow miller table after 5 runs.
It's all possible but not probable on any 1st run..

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
36 foot long sluice with Pulsators on the end???

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Placermaster: No disrespect, but have you any idea how many
of this type of thread (proposing a grandiose new design) that
we've seen here over the years? I'll give ya a hint...it's bunches.

You're first post proposes a very leading question..did you not expect that
there would be some naysayers among a bunch of old prospectors?

From one miner to another, how about we skip playing "20 Questions",
and you share with us what you've got to propose?

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Placermaster

Greenie
May 23, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for pleasant invitation to propose my story.
Chapter 1of How to win friends and influence people is titled Never criticize condemn or complain.

Worked for placer recovery company and they had copy of a radioactive study of gold. Cant lose gold if its radioactive. All sizes were used and run and recovered 100's of times. Long to short a 40 foot sluice with 1" hungarian riffles over 3m moss caught all the gold. 100percent recovery confirmed by radioactive gold. Not my intention to step on toes but sarcasm sucks when you are trying to be friendly and suggest a new way to look at old problem.

OP
OP
P

Placermaster

Greenie
May 23, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Research then build to conditions

Does anyone have a copy of Harrisons book of Stratographic Recovery. The guy that dredged nome with cold water injection. He describes a riffle system they used that brought it down to 30 feet. Before radioactive tests but a 40 power magnifier was used to inspect pans and no gold. Think that was 1931.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Placermaster you are new so I am cutting you some slack. I always suggest people read these rules before they come on here and call other members names.

TreasureNet.com Rules

Thank you and enjoy the site.
Your friendly moderator,
TnMtns

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone ever pay for the clarkson study? (Big hint)

The Clarkson study is outdated and is FREE. Click Here

Many studies have come down the pike since then and are much more thorough, more detailed, and technical than the Clarkson study.

While a 40 foot sluice may capture a higher percentage of gold than a conventional 30" to 48" sluice, it just would not be practical for most small scale applications.

Thanks for the thought though. :icon_thumleft:

Please be sure and keep us posted if/when a less than 48" long sluice captures 100% of 1/8" down to -300 mesh sized gold with a normal feed rate.
Then you will have our full and undivided attention.

I guarantee your 40 foot sluice could not capture 100% of beach gold fed into it, as much of the gold is -300 and some always finds a way to remain suspended in the flow.

Go for the Gold
GG~

*NOTE:
Gold has 41 known isotopes, ranging from gold-170 to gold-210. Only one of these, gold-197, is stable, the rest are radioactive. A stable isotope has no experimentally detected nuclear decays. ... Isotopes which undergo these decays are referred to as radioactive, or radioisotopes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Placermaster

Greenie
May 23, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. No gold is radioactive dangerous to recover. OMG. They did it for the test only. As for a study being out of date... If the method works use it. Maybe you read it but not comprehended that any box WILL catch all FREE gold flowing through it if long enough. Basis of this forum. Longer the box more gold in it. Thats why you see old timers with 100 foot boxes as they knew something you dont. Size matters hee haw.
Dodge brothers in alaska have 30 foot swing boxes that recover 98 percent and they use expanded metal(laughs). I use a pan to check tailings and that method is 200 years old should i stop because its outdated... No i bought a pan with rifles in it. New technique of old method. Fine gold pays the diesel bills so i study and use many combinations to get ALL free gold from my boxes. Have worked to recover over 10,000 ounces in my life and not letting any escape due to ignorance. Interrupt the flow and gold drops; do it long enough and all gold drops.
Dont get you... Is it better to remove magnetics before material goes through a sluice or wait until cleanup to remove it? Set up question eh?

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps you do not know that gold is hydrophobic, it repels water, since most flour gold is flat and thin, it's weight is small relative to it's circumference so it will float even if it is first completely submerged, if it gets near the surface it will throw off the water above it and float. no matter how long the sluice is or how many times it's interrupted. Of course a surfactant would allow that gold to break through the surface tension and settle.

Another factor is the viscosity of the slurry, the thicker it is the harder it is for fine gold to drop out of suspension no matter what kind of sluice you run.
There are many factors that can prevent gold from being captured 100% that occur in the real world outside of a lab. Believe me when I say I have experienced most all of them in my own 20 year personal quest for 100% gold recovery.

100 foot long toms are outdated but you are more than welcome to use one nowadays just like the oldtimers did if that's what you think captures the most gold.
I'll stick to my 4 foot homemade sluice even if it only averages 95% of the flour gold. At least I can carry it to the creek/river all by myself.

I appreciate your passion and enthusiasm, but sounds like you still have a lot to learn. (dont we all) I'm happy that you are working to minimize any unnecessary gold losses in your operation and wish you all the best.

long tom.jpg

Sincerely,
Goodyguy~

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
P

Placermaster

Greenie
May 23, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
R. L. -a patient and understanding older person is listening to your cry. New ideas scare you. Its O. K.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
PM: I'm just a regular member here, and this is just my
personal opinion; please review the bottom line of my signature.

No disrespect, but you're still playing your game. You toss out some
tidbits of information as "bait", and when someone does reply, you degrade
them, and then expound upon your wisdom and qualifications.
Please, don't be "that guy".

If you feel us to be unqualified to discuss it on your level, I suggest
you get ahold of Doc over at Gold Hog, and explain it all to him. If
your design is as efficient as you say, I'm sure he'd love to talk with
you.

Lacking an advanced degree in hydraulic engineering, I'm just going
to sit back and relax (and maybe take some notes) as you explain
all this.

OP
OP
P

Placermaster

Greenie
May 23, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Russau- please look up the smallest particle irradiated for clarkson. Not listed in videos so read the size i think it was -500. If miners moss is catching -500 i would use sections in a box as well as other types.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread