silicone mats

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am using the dream mat and it catches it all, from very small specks to larger flakes but you need to have a good amount of water pushing the material. I do not classify at all and very happy with the results. Good luck.

Attachments

• 100_0474.JPG
    100_0474.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 103

s2ndjetli

Apr 25, 2018
Summit County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a silicon that came with my sluice however I made my own using a floor mat for cars. I have to make sure my flow is higher than average when placing and some creeks it just isnt capable as it becomes more of a damn so I put the old one back in. I have had fair results. I have did sluice formulas as to ridge count vs effluent flow volume and based on size of material the chart is ALWAYS plus or minus a gpm percentage of maybe 4 to 10 gpm. In the mining spectrum for big boys its a mechanics self ability but in mine for mats its just finding the right material to cut for fun.

mtchuck

Greenie
Aug 22, 2015
NW Montana
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2 , Gold Monster 1000, Tesero Vaquero , Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Silicone mats can work very well , it all depends the profile , water flow , slope angle , size and shape of the gold . The advantages of silicone are that the gold seems to stick in place when it comes in contact with the silicone , also it’s just fun to work with , if you are a diy kind of person . You can find molds silicone sluice mats on eBay to make sluice mats , or make your own , use your imagination the sky is the limit .

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iv made and used a few but all we got here is fine fly poops.. Iv used sawtooth mats for molds and have 3d printed my own molds, its fun, cheap and best of all they work for me..

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve had good luck with them. As mentioned above, east to make and fun to tinker with making your own. Seems Alan Robertson on You tube has some good info on making them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread