Royal Sluice

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dont get the folding one

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
don't get the folding one
GW , Just for my own info , why not the folding sluice ? I built one about 20 years ago for a friend to use because he had a limited amount of space for travel ! I thought about where the sluice folded at the hinge spot and thought of water /material leaking from there so I compensated how it fit together to help prevent that leak. Is this your concern with that Royal Sluice ?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GW , Just for my own info , why not the folding sluice ? I built one about 20 years ago for a friend to use because he had a limited amount of space for travel ! I thought about where the sluice folded at the hinge spot and thought of water /material leaking from there so I compensated how it fit together to help prevent that leak. Is this your concern with that Royal Sluice ?

it folds at the flare and two more points. A center stud and wing nut at each fold are supposed to secure it when unfolded.

They don't. So , your bacically trying to set up a dead aluminium caterpillar up in a stream. It's pretty wonky.

I got one for free and ended up using pop rivets to keep it from folding anymore.

I guess if you had a stand and weren't stting it up on cobble you could keep it pretty true.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread