Goldilocks Sluice box?

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
on the Gold Rush show, Mine Rescue, Freddy Dodge talks about his "patented" Goldilocks Sluice setup.
it's supposed to catch different sizes of gold at different stages down the sluice.

What is this? How is it setup?

I don't know about the patented part but he talked about different capture zones and showed the diamond grating openings facing horizontal and vertical when different lengths of it were installed...I think that's what I saw anyway.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
The idea is also used by one of our own "Doc" with his multi -drop zoned mats of all different configurations. Plus Keene Eng. came out with the Triple sluice (split the flow and material years ago and the raised expanded ( I forgot the name of it) he is using , has been in use for a longgg time. BUT in this particular configuration looks like it worked great for that family he and Juan built it for. . They did get more gold from the second cleanup BUT their son had moved the dredge after Fred & Juan went to shore to build the new addition for the dredge BUT then again did they go back to the same spot to dig again so their base line was still correct??? I don't know why Fred intends to patent this set up because by now everyone (except me)is trying it out for them selves to see if it'll work on their dredge up there in the wave action .!

OP
OP
B

BoydBros

Jul 28, 2019
Arizona
Detector(s) used
MineLab GoldMonster 1000
Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The idea is also used by one of our own "Doc" with his multi -drop zoned mats of all different configurations. Plus Keene Eng. came out with the Triple sluice (split the flow and material years ago and the raised expanded ( I forgot the name of it) he is using , has been in use for a longgg time. BUT in this particular configuration looks like it worked great for that family he and Juan built it for. . They did get more gold from the second cleanup BUT their son had moved the dredge after Fred & Juan went to shore to build the new addition for the dredge BUT then again did they go back to the same spot to dig again so their base line was still correct??? I don't know why Fred intends to patent this set up because by now everyone (except me)is trying it out for them selves to see if it'll work on their dredge up there in the wave action .!

so, it's similar to the keene box? that's good to know ...

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I always thought the Keene triple was based on the Ross Box a commercial washplant you set up on a high pad and bulldoze material into. Ross Box | RMS-Ross You ever seen a Treasure Emporium triple sluice dredge? the side boxes were flared and had sand traps.

Last edited:

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Armor weave is hard to find but I have heard old time dredgers swear by the stuff.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Isn't "armor weave" nothing more than RAISED (as opposed to FLATTENED) expanded metal?
https://www.metalsdepot.com/steel-products/steel-expanded-metal

It's a variety of expanded metal

IMG_0657.jpg

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Promac still uses armor weave, I've used it for decades. Unless you're on the ocean, you don't need Freds set up because, you aren't being rolled around by the waves. Set up for the fines and throw in a nugget trap if you have nuggets in your area. Most quality sluices have separated recovery areas built in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread