mines

Southern Yankee

Greenie
Jul 10, 2010
I know this is an old topic but, just in case anyone is wondering ......no, the Haile Mile is now an operating mine again. A company named Romarco Minerals is operating it. They now own the property outright. Still a very gold rich place too.

According to Romarco...
Haile currently has:

2.2 million oz gold resource, *1
Measured 1.47 million oz
Indicated 697,000 oz
Includes 1.3 million ounces 2P Reserves at 2.71 g/t, *2
2.0 million oz. in Inferred

*1, As per NI-43-101 filed on December 3, 2009

*2, As per February, 2009 Feasibility Study

If you havent already read it the book by Clyde C. Calhoun " Death of a Gold MIne" is a fastinating read about Haile in it's heyday and the explosion that ended it all...

Haile is not the only mine in SC though. There are quite a few that produced some good numbers. There are numerous small mom and pop mines that were abandoned years ago, including one less than 5 miles from my house ( still trying to pinpoint that one).

Nightibis

Sep 5, 2011
Rock Hill, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, I lived next door to one of the geologist they brought in from out of state to work there. I do know that they are buying up land in the area. My brother in laws sister sold her land to them for 50,000. They had a vein but didn't know where it would run, so they began buying up lots. I do know they are also waiting on the EPA to complete a study so that they can expand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread