MDing on beaches in Charleston area.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: MD'ing on beaches in Charleston area.

I hunt Folly a good bit. Never had any problems. My son has been to the Isle of Palms and no problems there either. GL and HH.

findstuf

Mar 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7

I used to live on the IOP. I searched the beach between 24th & 34th ave. No one ever said anything, but the girls in bikinis will giggle at you because you were metal detecting. :tard:

OP
OP
techoverload

techoverload

Apr 14, 2009
Charleston, sc

findstuf said:
I used to live on the IOP. I searched the beach between 24th & 34th ave. No one ever said anything, but the girls in bikinis will giggle at you because you were metal detecting. :tard:

LOL, I bet they wont be giggling when I find that $10k diamond ring.

I think I might wait till cold weather again to hit up beaches. Just too many people out there right now. UNLESS.... I get another boat. I know some places that might be killer but you can only get there by boat.

OH speaking of boat. I'm getting ready to build me a small skiff, about 14 foot. I'm looking for a trailer< something very cheap or free, doesnt have to be in great shape just in one piece. And also a outboard motor 20hp or less< again something cheap or free. doesnt have to run as long as the motor isnt a complete loss.

Derek

findstuf

Mar 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7

good luck with the boat. a trailer should be easy to find, but a free motor might be tough to come by. Be careful with used motors and titles, DNR can be tough to deal with if all the paperwork does not meet their standards.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread