Share your favorite spot to hunt.

techoverload

Apr 14, 2009
Charleston, sc
Where is a good spot in the Charleston area that I can hunt with out going to jail or getting shot? I'm pretty new to this so I'm not having any luck finding spots. My daughter is driving me nuts wanting to get out and go md'ing. Shes all about wanting to find coins and buttons. Heck I'd settle for anything other than old railroad spikes and can tabs. >:(

findstuf

Mar 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7
I can't give you any exact spots.... but take a look along the Dorchester road side of the Ashley river. The Dorchester road side has the same "heritage" as the Ashley River road's "plantation" side..... but the Dorchester road side has been developed. Go down the the Charleston county building downtown. In the elevator corridor there is an old plantation map hanging on the wall. If I remember right it's on the register of deed's floor. The map is huge so It's hard to miss.

OP
OP
techoverload

techoverload

Apr 14, 2009
Charleston, sc
Havent had a chance to get over there yet but johns island around river road and chas exec. airport is a nice place to go. Dont get too close to the airport.

findstuf

Mar 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7
I worked on the subdivision adjacent to fenwick hall. Right when your turn off river road into the subdivision about 100-ish feet on the right was the original front road of fenwick hall. If you look around that area you can see the old road bed.

OP
OP
techoverload

techoverload

Apr 14, 2009
Charleston, sc
findstuf said:
I worked on the subdivision adjacent to fenwick hall. Right when your turn off river road into the subdivision about 100-ish feet on the right was the original front road of fenwick hall. If you look around that area you can see the old road bed.

I see the area your talking about, google earth is my best friend.
I might have to get out there one day and see what I can dig up. Waiting on a buddy of mine to get over being sick so we can head out to johns island.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions